Thread: Downtown Riverside - BMCC

1. Default Downtown Riverside - BMCC

Downtown Riverside - BMCC

I love downtown riverside. I always wanted to capture its essence and share it with the world. Its definitely worth checking out if you're ever in the Inland Empire area. Hope you enjoy.

Gear:
    Blackmagic Cinema Camera
    Canon 16-35 2.8L
    Canon 24-105 4L IS
    Nikon 80-200 4 Ais
    Konova K3 Slider

Software:
    Graded in DaVinci Resolve.
    Edited in FCPX

I think it was ok but I didn't like the grading on it. It was as though you have a camera that will capture lots of detail in the dark areas and have become afraid to loose any detail at all over what actually looks good.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think it was ok but I didn't like the grading on it. It was as though you have a camera that will capture lots of detail in the dark areas and have become afraid to loose any detail at all over what actually looks good.
    That's your opinion and I appreciate it. I like the low contrast more "film-like, commercial" look and not so DSLR-esk look.

first few opening shots ..... not keen at all on the grading, looks like your lens was steamed up ! nice slider action though maybe over used i think.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

I don't know if this is what Midnight meant or not, but i found myself having to peer too hard into the darker areas to see the detail. That's fine and to be expected when there's only a small part of the image in the dark (or if you're shooting a drama and it's meant to be dark!) but here I thought far too much of the image was dark. Take the shots at 59s and 1:04. Although you have a lovely warm glow on the buildings behind, the foreground just looks drab and uninviting. If that's what you want to go for, fine, but it's not my cup of tea either i'm afraid.

On the other hand, I guess if you call yourself Stop Down Productions, I guess that's what we should expect
    Tim