Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Pro 12 crash with Project Media

Default Vegas Pro 12 crash with Project Media

Every time I drag files to Project Media from Explorer I get a crash! Just two files will show up and the software will crash. 100% of times now! Even old projects are crashing. Any ideas??? HD platinum 11 was SOOOOOOO MUCH better than this pseudo-pro!!!! Thanks guys...

Tony

Cannot quite replicate this here, but SCS does report errors "on thumbnail creation, we are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it ASAP."
    Try switching your Project Media view mode from Thumbnails (if you're using that) to either Details or List.

Another thing SCS is suggesting with View/Thumbnails problems is this
    "Please navigate to the following folder (make sure hidden files and folders are being shown):
    C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\12.0\Media Pool Thumbnails
    Select all of the contents of this folder, and delete them. Then launch Vegas again.
    "

Thanks a lot VKMAST! That´s exactly the problem.... Thumbnails "creation" after dragging the files to "Project Media" tab/window... I´ll try both ideas and report here soon. Thanks again for your attention, Tony.

Well, it IS the "Thumbails creation problem" for sure.... Changing to LIST and DETAILS solved the crashing....

I just didn´t find the folder you mentioned yet.... but I will!! It was probably created somewhere else....

Thanks again VK!! Great help to a (less) desolated man sunday morning in BR!!!

Hope Sony will solve this soon....

Tony,
    AppData or Application data is a hidden folder in Windows 7. To access this folder you have to select “Show hidden files and folders” in the folder options.

Worked perfectly!! Erased all the jpg thumbnails and it´s working fine again. GREAT help VKMAST!!! Thanks a lot!

Hi,
    Just wanted to add my thanks too - funnily enough I only noticed the same issue working on my second project in Pro 12 having upgraded from Studio 12 a few days ago.

My Studio 11 Works MUCH better than the PRO 12, that crashed again several times last night.... Titler PRO is a master crasher too! Do I regret the "up"grade??? yup....

Tony,
    sorry to read that. Seems that there is indeed a large variety of user experiences with VPros 11 and 12 and the users' opinions are very much polarised.
    A couple of points that have come up a lot are the RAM preview amount and finding the best driver version (not to mention the GPU acceleration).
    There are more, as you may have noticed.
    As for NB TitlerPro 1, be sure to use the latest build (v. 121205, I believe).
    Last edited by vkmast; 03-18-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Hi Tony and vkmast
    My Studio 11 ran fine for about a year then all of a sudden it stop working, tried lots of things including a complete reinstall of Vegas, nothing worked. So I bought the Studio 12 64 bit upgrade and it installed on the same PC with no problems. At the time I suspected it was a Windows update that caused the problem or something to do with .net framework?
    Do we need to continue emptying the media pool thumbnails folder on a regular basis until Sony come up with a fix? I guess time will tell, but thankfully we know what to look out for next time. I wasted a lot of time on this yesterday until I found this site.
    FYI I had lots of crashes on Studio 11 using the media generator, was glad to see the back of it. Not tried out the Titler PRO in Pro 12 yet but thanks for the info from both of you.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast