Thread: Video goes back to beginning at end of first chapter

Default Video goes back to beginning at end of first chapter

I am using Movie Studio 12 (64 bit) and DVD Architect 5 (Build 161)
    I have created a video in MSP 12 using some video footage and two slide shows; the first slide show covers 2011 and the second 2012, (both slideshows rendered in WMV format using Photoshop Elements 10) I have inserted a Chapter marker where 2011 starts, but after the opening scenes, and another where 2012 starts. I have then rendered it (PAL Widescreen) using the setting "DVD with Chapters" all in the normal manner and on completion of the rendering "sent it to DVDA".
    I then highlighted the video title (uner MENU 1) and "inserted scene selection markers" something I have done over the years many times. As a result I had two buttons, one the name of the video and the other Scene Selection.
    I have then checked it in Preview and everything appeared fine, I set it to play and all worked until it reached the end of 2011 (and that particular slide show) and just before the second Chapter marker when it went back to the beginning of the slide show i.e. not the video itself and started again, almost as if the slideshow was running as a loop within the video.
    I then went back to the beginning in Preview and tested "Scene Selection" and both Chapter markers, 2011 and 2012 worked correctly.
    It would appear that something is wrong with the slideshows and as such is making the video useless.
    As usual any help in this regard will be gratefully received.
    Many thanks.

logan,
    maybe give us a screenshot of your Project Overview window?

As an experiment, I changed the format of the slideshows from WMV to AVCHD and everything worked as it should, if only I knew why!!

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    logan,
    maybe give us a screenshot of your Project Overview window?
    Thanks for your offer of help in this respect, will post this shortly (probably this evening) and hopefully an answer can be found but note my comment re change of format.

logan,
    good that you found the cause of error, so maybe the screenshot won't be needed.

I would still like to know why WMV as a format caused the problem as I am sure I have used it in the past without any problems. Has anyone any idea and as a matter of interest a DVDA screen shot is attached? Many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

The screen shot needs to show the video at the bottom with the chapters to get a better idea.

Also if the DVD is PAL , then best render as MPEG2 as that is what DVD would like for PAL, if you do the right renter, then it will no need to re-render, either with PCM or as a separate AC£ audio file.
    Tutorial here

Sorry for the delay in responding but have been away for a few days, thanks for the advice and the interesting video, much appreciated.