Thread: Rendering - Huge Resolution

Default Rendering - Huge Resolution

Hello, im a newbie to video editing, and i need to make a small video test with the resolution of 4096*768, wich is the best rendering options? cause all i chosse gives me the same error " An error occurred while creating the media file blabla.mp4. The reason for the error could not be determined"

please help me...

thanks in advance

Errrr

1920x1080 is probably the highest you want to go...Windows can't even playback a file that size and most editors can't go near it.

What are you intending to achieve?

its a movie to be projected on 3 projectors with a 1920*1200 native resolution each. the movie will have "3 movies" with HD quality. the problem with 1920*1080 its the size of the projection. it will have around 12 mts wide.

Ok

The way to do this is not in "Video resolution" the way to do it is in hardware/software live on the day.

What kind of video kit do you have access to? Switchers? Scalers? Distribution boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by xventil View Post
    Hello, im a newbie to video editing, and i need to make a small video test with the resolution of 4096*768, wich is the best rendering options? cause all i chosse gives me the same error " An error occurred while creating the media file blabla.mp4. The reason for the error could not be determined"

please help me...

thanks in advance
    What are you trying to edit this with?
    JMG

the goal is a large projection (around 12 mts) the movie itself is a "mix" of 3D, and several videos, all side by side, the HW is just a pc with a huge graphic card connected to 3 projector, each of the projector as a 1920*1200 resolution, and we are using eyefinity to create a huge monitor with the resolution of 5760*1200

Thank you

What you are trying to do is called image blending, the art of combining screens/projectors to create one super sized image.

One super 5K video is not the answer, I strongly suggest you seek a combined hardware software solution. This is something people do spend a fair whack of money on.

I can render out a "concept" video for you at that res, so you can experiment with it. Let me know if you would find that helpful.

Of little use, but I note that Premiere CS6 can create projects using those hi resolutions, but seems it may not include codecs to create/render such videos. Perhaps the solution is to install codecs, RED R3D, REDCODE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Of little use, but I note that Premiere CS6 can create projects using those hi resolutions, but seems it may not include codecs to create/render such videos. Perhaps the solution is to install codecs, RED R3D, REDCODE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
    You will also need quite a powerful PC to do this!
    Expect long render times.
    JMG