Thread: Puppet Metal music video

Default Puppet Metal music video

Ok, so I made this a few months ago. I liked it a lot at the time, but now I see more issues in it and I hope to figure out how to make a much batter video next go round. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I liked your use of lighting and angles etc. to make the puppets look menacing. I'm not sure what could have been done with this to improve it as I like it as it is. It has a raw quality that shouldn't be messed with in my opinion.

I don't know what you could do in your next video except to make the puppets become more alive and look as though they are really playing the instruments. Getting the puppet to look into the camera cam give it a more alive feel.

I preferred the puppets with the shorter hair. I think the longer haired ones have less clear outlines (obviously) and this makes their movements and emotions (acting) less easy to follow.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

I agree with both the above posts (puppet staring into the camera is aparticularly interesting idea)
    The weakest part for me was the text on the computer screen - Times New Roman? Purleese!

You better hope they don't start taxing bands on the numebr of strings per instrument

Hazel Park, Michigan, United States

I am a huge metal fan. I thought it was pretty awesome. What program did you use to edit it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifik View Post
    I am a huge metal fan. I thought it was pretty awesome. What program did you use to edit it?
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Getting the puppets to seem alive was the hardest part for sure, I will have to work on that one.

At the time I used Cakewalk Sonar with... maybe Addictive Drums? or Session Drummer 3? I can't remember, it's been awhile. Now I am using Ableton Live. Either way, same basic stuff, just need some good drum samples and I record guitar/bass in through a Line6 UX1 box.

For the video I used Premier Pro CS6 I think, and some After Effects for random green screen stuff..