Thread: Some random restrictions on stretching video / pitch shifting audio

Default Some random restrictions on stretching video / pitch shifting audio

Hello, i have a quick question for anyone. I am using vegas pro 10 and making my second ytpmv. (dont worry if you dont know what that is) Anyway, it involves a very large amount of small audio and video clips. Usually things go smoothly, but sometimes i have one of two problems. Either a video will not stretch or shrink (hold ctrl and drag) or A pitch will not shift in one direction. Their does not seem to be a pattern to these random problems, and its not like the audio clips are extremely low or high pitched, or the videos are extremely small or large, its just small adjustments that it will not let me do sometimes. Is their a setting i can check where it will, for example with the video, insert multiple of the same frame to cover the stretch? The only way i can fix these now is by opening each clip in another editing program or again in vegas and doing the edit, saving it and putting it back in, which is extremely tedious when working with this many clips.

thanks.

There is no reason I know of not to be able to stretch a video up to 4x or reduce a video down to 0.25%. It's just odd that you can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    There is no reason I know of not to be able to stretch a video up to 4x or reduce a video down to 0.25%. It's just odd that you can't do that.
    its possible that from the amount of times the video was cut / resized / copy+pasted that it was , all things considered, more then 0.25 times. How can this be bypassed?

And what about the pitch shifting? is this a related problem?

This sounds very complicated which would make it impossible for me to tell what is what. One way around this is to reduce the clip down to 0.25% then render it out and bring in this newly rendered clip into the project and reduce that. OR if you have velocity curves in your version of Vegas you can speed up or reduce a clip buy much more than from the clip properties.

opening and closing for every clip seems cumbersome. Does another version of vegas remove this arbitrary 4x limit? if not, Do you know of anyone who has made a macro of some sort to automatically export and import so it can be done quicker?

Blog Entries

I see you're using Vegas Pro 10. You can use the method you are currently using and at the same time use velocity envelopes which allow a maximum speeding up/slowing down of 3x, so you can get 12 x in one hit.
    Tim