Thread: Many screens at once

Default Many screens at once

Hello guys, my girlfriend's birthday is tmorrow and I decided to record some of her best friends on a video and the idea was something like this:
    xD.jpg
    ^^ and then if I could play one by one with some sort of zoom in and zoom out. I've seen you can do multiple screens at once but I don't know how I could stop and go and how the audio wouldn't mess up.
    Can anyone help me?
    excuse my english :(
    Thank You!

In my view this is far too ambiguous to try and finish this by tomorrow. Yes it can be done but it's too much work especially for a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    In my view this is far too ambiguous to try and finish this by tomorrow. Yes it can be done but it's too much work especially for a novice.
    This is not my first time using it, I just don't know how I can do it. If you think it's hard to make it for tomorrow, can you help me make something similar but easier?

If your videos are separate clips, you could fade in and out and maybe add text during fade-in, create files of every video and keep them in one folder. You can open multiple videos in sequence in (e.g.) VLC and then simply click forward/next to skip onwards. You "could play one by one with some sort of zoom in and zoom out" that way. No menu screen, though you'd see the files in VLC playlist. A too simple suggestion?

5. Default

Hi dillll. Not knowing if you were able to do that video or not, here's what you can do with Sony Vegas:
    Create multiple video tracks (as many as you want), taking into account the follwing:
    1- The more screens you have, less resolution
    2- When you render, add to resolution or your smaller windows will be blurred and difficult to understand
    3- Beware of the ratio 4:3, 16:9, etc because it may cut some of your windows
    After creating the video tracks, insert the objects you want into each track (video / photo)
    Using the EVENT PAN/CROP feature, resize your objects to fit in the screen and/or even bring one up front at a certain important moment, then bring it back again to its original size along with your 9 mini screens.
    Hope this helped you.

Cheers,

DeadEye

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyePT View Post
    1- The more screens you have, less resolution
    2- When you render, add to resolution or your smaller windows will be blurred and difficult to understand
    ?????
    You will only lose resolution if you render to a smaller image and then zoom in on it.
    Tim

7. Default

My bad, explaining. What I really meant was if one has 9 720p videos to put into smaller windows and the final render is also 720p, those smaller videos will come out with smaller resollutions, and with less quality, because the 3x3 windows will all be a 720p final frame, instead of 3 x 3 720p frames.
    By making a 1080p final render those 720p windows will look smoother and more detailed, because the wider final render will withstand more pixels.
    Dunno if I was able to explain myelf better this time...