Thread: way to Lock clip to timeline and still edit, in after effects?

Default way to Lock clip to timeline and still edit, in after effects?

I was just wondering if there was a way, i could say have my video clip locked in to my timeline in such a way that i could not accidentally move it, and yet i would still be able to do things like manipulating the clip, resizing it, move it, cut it, or say, "mute" it, from the timeline (could mask it for that i guess), but at any rate, edit the clip in i guess every way, but keep it pegged to timeline.

I know i can link it to an audio clip, which would nearly be good enough, but doing so does give me problems sometimes for say cutting or whatever... but maybe that might be ok if i just stick to masks.

2. Default

Hi there. Depending on what kind of software you're using, you can lock object onto your time line. If you're using Sony Vegas, select the objects you wan t to lock to the timeline, and with right mouse button, select SWITCHES, and then LOCK. There ya go, your objects won't move any more untill you unlock them.
    If you're looking for a more volatile solution, select the objects you want and GROUP them. Using this option you'll be able to maintain the aspect video, but you can move forward or backward that group of selected objects.
    Other programs should have similar effects. Have you read the manual?

Cheers,

DeadEye