Thread: Change Video resolution without changing quality

Exclamation Change Video resolution without changing quality

Hi guys!

I need to change an HD .mov video resolution without any codecs or quality changes - I really need to guarantee the best quality keeping the same extension (.mov).

The thing is I only have Adobe Media encoder. Can I download a free software that guarantees best quality in this process? How can I use it?

Can you please help me?

Thanks.

Changing the resolution of a video is just changing the dimensions or size of the video image. If you keep all the other settings as they are now and just change the size, this will give you alright results. when watching it at that new resolution. It's when you try to watch it on a bigger screen that the quality will appear to drop and you can't do anything about that. So to drop it from a HD resolution to a SD resolution just use the same settings but set the size to what ever you want.

I can't advise on a specific software but thats the basics of doing it. I don't see why Adobe Media encoder couldn't do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by afilipa View Post
    Hi guys!

I need to change an HD .mov video resolution without any codecs or quality changes - I really need to guarantee the best quality keeping the same extension (.mov).

The thing is I only have Adobe Media encoder. Can I download a free software that guarantees best quality in this process? How can I use it?

Can you please help me?

Thanks.
    When I use Adobe Media Encoder it seems that I have to chose between FLV or H264 to proceed. Will this change the quality of the video? As I told I really don't want to be changing nothing in this fase.
    Thanks,