Thread: Premiere + Mac + m2t files = 0... Please help...

1. Default Premiere + Mac + m2t files = 0... Please help...

Hi there

I am currently undertaking my first piece of editing and am thoroughly enjoying it!! It is to be a climbing film, mainly filmed on gopro hero 2 cameras with some extra footage filmed on a good quality Canon camcorder...

The mp4 files that the gopro produces work fine on Premier (that I run on my mac) but Premiere however does not like the m2t files produced by the camcorder, saying 'The file has an unsupported compression type' when I try to import.. I have heard that this is because I am on a mac... Is this the case? Are there converters out there?

Could someone help me import these files please as I am on a roll and there are shots filmed with the camcorder that are essential to the piece.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ant

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tikitony66 View Post
    Hi there

I am currently undertaking my first piece of editing and am thoroughly enjoying it!! It is to be a climbing film, mainly filmed on gopro hero 2 cameras with some extra footage filmed on a good quality Canon camcorder...

The mp4 files that the gopro produces work fine on Premier (that I run on my mac) but Premiere however does not like the m2t files produced by the camcorder, saying 'The file has an unsupported compression type' when I try to import.. I have heard that this is because I am on a mac... Is this the case? Are there converters out there?

Could someone help me import these files please as I am on a roll and there are shots filmed with the camcorder that are essential to the piece.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ant
    I am running Premiere CS5 by the way...

Thank you and please help if you can. I'm stuck but need to keep editing...

Are you running OS Lion?

4. Default

I am but i've fixed the problem now!! It was using a combination of the mpeg-2 converter and then mpeg streamclip to install it to quicktime 10

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tikitony66 View Post
    I am but i've fixed the problem now!! It was using a combination of the mpeg-2 converter and then mpeg streamclip to install it to quicktime 10
    mpeg 2 coverter for quicktime from apple. streamclip has to be used however as this converter will not work with any versions of quicktime later than 7...