Thread: Drums, tunnels and photomotion for a canoe delivery!

Default Drums, tunnels and photomotion for a canoe delivery!

Took the family for a little trip to deliver a canoe. Also mounted the GoPro in front of the car, taking pictures every second.... Passing through a set of 3 long tunnels resulted into something like this....

Did you just use the standard GoPro suction cup to attach it to the car ? Is there a knack to using it ? I haven't been brave enough to put mine on the car yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Did you just use the standard GoPro suction cup to attach it to the car ? Is there a knack to using it ? I haven't been brave enough to put mine on the car yet.
    Yes, I used the suction cup base. Cleaned well the top of the car with water + soap, washed well the suction cup itself with water only and...thatīs it. Of course I used a litlle nylon cable to make sure I didnīt loose the camera + mount in case of a problem, but the system worked perfectly for 150km - and on brazilian roads, what means 645536424 billion Kms in good roads!!! . Small detail: put the mount on the car surface, press hard the central part (where you can read...guess what...."press") and turn the little lever down.

The camera took 4780 pictures (P1 = 1/second), but I ended using just a very small part of it all.... My GoPro is the old model, with no wifi control....and I wouldnīt stop just to press a button!!

In the beginning I wondered that it would be a waste of time, as the vibration wouldnīt let the camera take even one good picture, but this GoPro is a real beast!! 100% of the pictures were good or perfect, even in dirt roads. Videos I knew would work, but so many pictures for a photomotion was the first time.

Very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
    Are the random shadows on the wall because of spaced out lights in the top of the tunnel, or is this an effect of the exposure time and the kinds of lights in the tunnel?
    I appreciate the cam shows little (or no) movement, so guess that any movement we see of the road markings arises because it it impossible to drive 100% accurately in a lane (unlike a train, which has fixed tracks). I loved the oncoming white light (ends around 0:23).

Thanks TimA! It was an interesting result, specially cause I was very skeptical about what would result.... The first compilations (GoPro will save 999 pictures/file) were soo dull.... You know, the car on the road, wow, how interesting, yawn.... Then I saw the tunnel scenes, with all those light effects on the walls etc... The music poped from Sonyīs free add-in we were talking about a few days ago here and, if you pay attention, follow the same "beat" of the lights....

I have no sure explanation for the light effects, specially the bright long ones passing on the wall (mid height). The shadows are probably the interval between the top lights.... The oscillation is probably related to carīs speed? Then you have the carīs lights, my car light etc.... The mix was more interesting than I could imagine....

To add some variety I tested my new NewBluFX add-ins.... Tiles etc...

It was fun.... 95% luck, 04% editing and 01% planned (the car trip!!)

T