Thread: New Music Video

1. Default New Music Video

Hi Everyone,
    Here is a new video that i recently finished worked on. Its a combination of motion graphics and live action.

Please have a look and let me know your thoughts. Your comments are really appreciated.

Pieces like this are very subjective. At 2 mins I think the length was just right. Some of the CGI mixed with the live shots went really well together. If I'm honest I can't say it captivated me all the way through but I do see a real talent to your work. Some of the shots looked very interesting to me.

Well done.

3. Default

Thanks Midnight!
    Yes i know its a bit on the abstract side and might be difficult to judge, but thanks a lot for your comments

Smalltown, Queensland

I was intrigued and awaited an edge to the meaning behind it all. I think it was all a bit frantic. If you tame it and give it the sinister storyline it deserves, you'd have a good concept.

5. Default

I had a few things in mind while i was doing this, which i mentioned in the video description. I tried to give it a haunting feel, exploring the dark side while searching within ourselves and discovering strange elements making us sometimes uncomfortable. But i don't know how much was i able to justify it in the video.

Smalltown, Queensland

Looking at it again, I think you are using the drums to dictate the pace. I suggest it may suit better if you follow the pace of the bells/chimes instead. Slowing it down would help the viewer to enjoy the scenes. I don't feel there's enough time to reflect on them at this pace.

I found many of the scenes to be enjoyable to see, but had difficulty linking all the concepts together. Some of the effects were very pretty, but there are scenes which appear to serve little purpose (eg: the blue wall at 01:38, or the strange underground ball). I very much agreed with Stripe's comment "If you tame it and give it the sinister storyline it deserves, you'd have a good concept".

8. Default

Thanks Tim! All the things are pretty randomly placed, trying to convey something unconvincing going on around. But i will definitely make a note of what you and Stripe said about tying it all together. Unfortunately this one done, and i cant do much with it now. But i will keep those things in mind in case i intend to do something similar in the future.