Thread: PC TV

Default PC TV

I know this is about as far off topic as you can get - although, thinking about it, there is some small adjacency (??) - but as there are many people on the board whose opinion I respect, I wanted to ask: does anyone here have any experience of PC TV tuner cards? I'm in the market for one, but everywhere you look there are horror stories (not unusual, I know - people tend to post about problems/dissatisfaction and you don't hear from the presumably large majority who are happy) - so I'd prefer to go on the basis of a personal recommendation if possible. Thoughts?
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

d......o.....n.....t..... g.....e......t...... o.....n.....e........!

because the difficulty you just had reading that is NOTHING compared to how difficult my only ever Happauge card was..

And the reception was crap.

Blog Entries

I've had 3 in the past 10 years. All Hauppauge. My current one is a Win TV Nova-T USB (digital terestrial), which works just grand with Showshifter. I've hooked it up to a multimedia PC and a 26" LCD Widescreen TV. Quality is excellent on the core channels, but really shows up the bad MPEG compression artifcats on those broadcast at lower bandwidth rates (E4 is a classic example).

Thanks guys. I'm certainly interested by the USB option, as I'm somewhat 'opening the case averse'. I'd be looking for analog rather than digital, though, and my budget is somewhat limited - not the kind of budget that would, for example, stretch to a 26" LCD TV....
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...