Thread: Problem encoding for Sony & Panasonic DLNA - analysis required

Default Problem encoding for Sony & Panasonic DLNA - analysis required

Hi,I have a question regarding encoding for the DLNA capabilities of my Sony and Panasonic TV's.I am trying to convert my home video's to such a format that, after hosting them on a Twonky DLNA server, I can play them on both my Sony and Panasonic TV. For some reason, it is damn hard to find a format which both TV's will support, and documentation is scarce.Using Oxelon Media Converter, I have managed to find a format which works on my Panasonic, and a format which works on my Sony, but not on both. Furthermore, I have 2 files which, at some point, I converted with different software (can't remember which or how) and actually do work on both. I am just not able to replicate the process or find the appropriate settings to replicate similar file types.What I think I basically need is an in depth analyzer for codecs, bitrates etcetc to be sure to get an exact file type match?I have the files available as examples and bits and pieces of documentation if that is helpful.Regards,Ramses

PC users may use an application like GSPOT or MEDIAINFO (gspot.headbands.com and mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) to identify the format of the files which work on both devices.
    The instruction book for my Panasonic lists the formats it accepts. There should be a similar list for the Sony.