Thread: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0c Problems

Default Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0c Problems

Hello everyone,

Currently, I am attempting to make a machinima short film. Everything was running very smoothly until last night, when I was almost done editing, and I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard which somehow got me out of the whole program. No problem I thought, as I made sure to save my work frequently in the case of a crash or something of that sort. However, each time I try to get back into my project, these things happen:

* The project loads, however half of my edited clips appear on the timeline in orange.
    * When I attempt to play back my project (or do anything for that matter) I might get a little bit into it, however it always ends up saying "not responding" and then kicks me out.
    * Sometimes it doesn't say "not responding", but rather, it gives me a message stating that "an error occurred," and, again, kicks me out of the program.

I'm literally pulling my hair out over this. I would appreciate any help one might have to offer.

Thanks.

It seems that what ever you did caused a corruption in the project file. Is there a back up project file ?

If you're using Windows 7, you could try looking in the C:\Users\your user name\Local Settings\Sony\Vegas Pro\9.0 directory for an auto back up project file.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It seems that what ever you did caused a corruption in the project file. Is there a back up project file ?

If you're using Windows 7, you could try looking in the C:\Users\your user name\Local Settings\Sony\Vegas Pro\9.0 directory for an auto back up project file.
    I'm a little confused by what you mean by "back up project file." The project is indeed saved, but I can't get it to stay open for the life of me. Unfortunately I use Windows Vista Home Basic. The reason this is driving me nuts moreso than it would is because I already lost all of my editing progress once on this video when I accidentally got out of the autosave without saving the project.

I think this could potentially be to do with hardware failure on your computer's part. Is it quite old? and has it seen a lot of wear and tear?

I think I got the computer around 2007-8, somewhere around there. It's just a dual-core with not a whole lot of RAM, and yes, I suppose you could say it hasn't had the most pleasant journey as it has been loaded up with other programs and the screen has began to deteriorate.