Thread: Where to get red double dvd cases?

1. Default Where to get red double dvd cases?

Anyone have any sources for double dvd cases in red? Cant find any myself. 14mm ones.

If you only need say 50-off it may be necessary to take-apart black ones and spray them (check on a sample, first). Being plastic they should take spray paint but you may have a problem with spray drift, so best to put them in a large cardboard box, for example.

I suspect, that unless a Company uses "red" for its promotions the cost of a Red-plastics run, will be out of this world.

Once dry (very dry!) you can reassemble. Take care with the hinge part . . . to avoid it clogging you may need low-tack masking tape. My advise wouild be to go for about 90% covering, since a full-gloss will likely show up imperfections in the spray-coat. It may be a complete nightmare, in which case a slip-in paper "envelope" might give sufficient eye-candy.
    (at least until the customer tears it off.).

I think the internal clasp and DVD storage area should remain black. Some jigs/fixings may be needed to get exactly the desired coverage.

There we are, the more I think of it, the Greater the Problem . . . but FWIW. . . . and good luck.

As an alternative to vidmanners' rather creative solution to the problem, you might try to find single swing trays to snap into a red Amaray single DVD case to create a double DVD case.
    The trays might be easier to find than the red 2-dvd cases. The only offers I found for those were from China, minimum order 30,000 copies. Maybe not an option...
    Or get a red insert to hide the cover .
    Last edited by vkmast; 02-03-2013 at 01:45 AM.

OP wasn't trying very hard 10 seconds search via google = Amaray Premium Red Single DVD case with 14mm Spine - 25 Pack 4.99 :: www.svp.co.uk
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Yes, SINGLE Amaray red cases are readily available. He asked for 2-dvd cases. For the trays I found e.g. rivieramultimedia.co.uk.
    Last edited by vkmast; 02-03-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Ooops - Missed the bleedin obvious - I won't waste 10 more seconds on this one though .
    Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Yes, SINGLE Amaray red cases are readily available. He asked for 2-dvd cases. For the trays I found e.g. rivieramultimedia.co.uk.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club