Thread: DVD Authoring Issues

Default DVD Authoring Issues

Hey there.

I'm currently having troubles authoring a dvd consisting of four audiovisual tracks. I do not require a menu, I would like the dvd to autoplay when inserted into devices (and loop) and it would be great if the user was able to skip through the tracks. One thing that has also been a major issue is the pauses between tracks. I don't know if this is software specific or a standard but I was wondering if it is possible to remove them as the tracks have intermediate sections which need to transition seamlessly.

I've been using a string of free authoring programs to no avail. I thought I had it with TMPGenc authoring works but it places pauses between the tracks. Does a free authoring program with these capabilities exist or am I better off looking for a professional alternative such as Adobe Encore?

Also should I convert my files to mpeg before hand or will the program do that for me (they're currently encoded using H.264)? Sorry for all the questions, very new to all of this. Thanks.

Windows DVD maker? Free from Microsoft

Was just using Windows DVD maker. It seems pretty atrocious - does not want to play with any files other than .avi (will not encode my files whatsoever, have tried many different codecs). I should have mentioned that I require the ability to output to a dvd ready folder structure or .iso file so we can burn multiple copies without having to encode it each time.