Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chromakey render transparant background?

1. Default chromakey render transparant background?

I've got two video tracks that were shot with a green screen and chromakeyed. These tracks are layered one on top of the other so both will play simultaneosly. When I render the project the black background ,resulting from the chromakey, is visible. I want the background transparant. How can this be done?

Thanks

1/ Access QT for rendering

2/ Video Format = Animation.

3/- Compressed Depth = 32 bpp colour.

4/- Once you return the Rendered Media back into Vegas you will also need to access the Media Properties and set it to "Premultiplied" to activate the Alpha channel, which in turn will become Transparent.

Job done!

3. Default

Sorry, I don't know what "Access QT for rendering means". File>Render As..? I don't see Animation.?

I believe the suggestion had been to render using QuickTime, using the 'Animation codec'.

5. Default

How do you render using QuickTime?

Vegas cannot do this on its own using File>Render As> _____?

What version of Vegas do you have ?

7. Default

Vegas pro11

Then you can render as a Quicktime. Scroll down the list of out put formats ans you will see Quicktime 7. Select the 3Mb template and click on the Customise Template button. On the Video tab look for the option that says Video Format and select Animation from the list. Then the next option down is Compressed depth set this to 32 bpp colour.

Quote Originally Posted by bush league View Post
    I've got two video tracks that were shot with a green screen and chromakeyed. These tracks are layered one on top of the other so both will play simultaneosly. When I render the project the black background ,resulting from the chromakey, is visible. I want the background transparant. How can this be done?

Thanks
    You can also render to a PNG still sequence, then you don't have to go to 32 bit. Vegas accepts still sequences as if they were video.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Then you can render as a Quicktime. Scroll down the list of out put formats ans you will see Quicktime 7. Select the 3Mb template and click on the Customise Template button. On the Video tab look for the option that says Video Format and select Animation from the list. Then the next option down is Compressed depth set this to 32 bpp colour.
    Perfect!
    Thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast