Thread: 3D Particle Intro

Default 3D Particle Intro

A short video intro made through blender and Sony Movie Studio
    any critiques would be greatly appreciated!
    Are the sound effects off, transition between scenes not smooth enough, or black background not immersive? Advice welcome!
    Last edited by meoryou; 01-26-2013 at 08:54 PM.

The light moving around didn't seem to be related to the text that appeared which means there is no point in having it. The particles didn't look very good compared to similar titles that I've seen, again they didn't have a real relation to the text either.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The light moving around didn't seem to be related to the text that appeared which means there is no point in having it. The particles didn't look very good compared to similar titles that I've seen, again they didn't have a real relation to the text either.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
    no, Thanks for the comments! I agree, the 2 effects feel very forced together. It was my first video in blender so I used the only things that I had learned, regardless of their chemistry. Hopefully once I learn more about the program I will be able to pick and choose what I want to use, instead of just putting in everything that comes to mind. Do you think the best particles can be created in after effects? Or did I just do the look wrong in blender?

I don't use either program so I couldn't say. I would approach it from deciding what I wanted then finding out how to do it.

I thought it was pretty good. The average "Joe" watching it on a TV probably wouldn't notice anything, just think it's another animated logo. But that's the problem. It doesn't "Pop" yet, but it could if polished up. I can tell you have the ability, most people can't make that.

I realize you made that totally custom, not from a template, and that's the way to go. Don't copy others or use prebuilt fX. Do your own thing and let it flow.

If you like to make Motion Graphics, pay strict attention to the details and don't take short cuts or rush something out. Always go for the "Wow".