Thread: Draft on a wrestling highlight reel

Default Draft on a wrestling highlight reel

Ok guys, be gentle. This is my first video post on here. I am also very new to video editing.

This is just a draft and I was hoping for some tips on making it better.

Background: Buddy of mine is wanting to get into a wrestling league (AKA hulk hogan, the rock, cena "wrestling") and I've been playing around with highlight reels of his unofficial wrestling that he did locally. Things you should know:

-I did not do the camera work
    -The "wrestling" is closer to back yard play but we made do with what we had.
    -I want to add more content and video but find myself restricted by hitting a limit on layers in Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11
    -I think it needs to be a bit more smooth but I like the grunge effect.
    -The ending is terrible and needs reworked but I am unsure how to finish it.
    -It may seem a bit much, but I think with WWE wrestling, the bigger and flashier the better.
    -Since I am new to this video program, if you have tips for me please provide a brief explanation because I am unaware of a lot of the tools at my disposal.

It's only 45ish seconds long so, here it is:

Test Vid - YouTube

Thanks!

I think you have the right kind of over all look for a video like this. I think if you are going to flash text so fast, you should then leave it on the screen after the first set of flashes, so it can be read. I don't think the text is the right colour for this back ground perhaps a rusty orange/red would be better.

I would have thought 20 video tracks would be plenty enough for something like this could you double up on some of the tracks if you have run out. I agree with you that you need some better footage to use.

Blog Entries

I agree entirely with what Midnight said.

I did not like (or understand) the pause between 11 and 17 secodns where nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin89 View Post
    -I want to add more content and video but find myself restricted by hitting a limit on layers in Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11
    I don't understand what problem you had here. nothing I saw on the screen required anything like 10 tracks simultaneously, which is the limit for Sony Vegas Movie Studio. There's a pretty good Vegas community here so if you're lacking in knowledge, please ask in the Vegas section.
    Tim

Is it only 10 video tracks Tim, I thought it was twenty or is that just for the latest version ?

I think the gap between 11 to 17 seconds goes with the music. There was some flashing back ground in there as well.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-23-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Is it only 10 video tracks Tim, I thought it was twenty or is that just for the latest version ?
    I thought it went to 20 with VMS 12 but you may well be right. But 20 or 10 - more than enough for loads more content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think the gap between 11 to 17 seconds goes with the music. There was some flashing back ground in there as well.
    True, Midnight, true. But if you turned on a sports programme and after the first bit of action saw 6 seconds of background, I suspect your be reaching for the remote
    Tim

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I thought it went to 20 with VMS 12 but you may well be right. But 20 or 10 - more than enough for loads more content.
    Yes, it's 10+10 in VMS 11. In the OP's other thread I first overlooked that he didn't have MSP 12. Not that it matters too much here, like TS says, but see my later post in the other thread.
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ing-video.html
    Last edited by vkmast; 01-24-2013 at 06:23 PM.