Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Export to DVD settings

1. Default Export to DVD settings

Hello All,

I exported a slideshow to DVD, when I chose the Preset there seemed so many to choose from. I know I had to chooses PAL as I live in the UK but there are stiil a lot of optins. I chose PAL DV 4x3 High Quality 4Mb there wer also settings with 16x9. The DVD when played on my own TV at home seemed OK but any advice will be more than welcome,

Best wishes
    Graeme

The 4:3 & 16:9 is referring to whether you want wide-screen video or not, so if your TV is wide-screen then choose 16:9 aspect ratio or you will have black bars on the screen Or worse it will stretch the image out to fit the screen making circles look like ovals etc.

3. Default

Thank you for your help,

Would you say it would be safe to use 16x9 for all as most people seem to have these TVs now? If the circles change to ovals what would the opposite effect be?

Thank you,

Best wishes,
    Graeme

Tall, thin people.

I would agree most people have widescreen TVs these days so go with 16:9.

5. Smile

Thanks my friend,

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Tall, thin people. I should have guessed

I would agree most people have widescreen TVs these days so go with 16:9.
    The PAL 16x9 seems only to give me the number of passes, VBR & Low Quality whereas I can get High Quality with the 4x3 is this a concern

Do you have the options to change the settings ? When rendering an mpeg2 file, I would have the bit rate around 7-8Mb for the best quality DVD but you might have to lower this if you have a long video to fit on the disk. The 2 pass option is supposed to give a better result on fast motion but I haven't really looked into this myself.

The other thing I haven't mentioned is the size and quality of the original footage and the project properties, usually it's best to match the original material with the frame rate resolution etc... I know you said it's a slide show, so does that mean you have to do a lot of cropping of photos or do you just leave them as they are ?

I don't want to overwhelm you with information BUT I don't use Premiere so I can't just tell you to use template X.

7. Default

Yeah I crop the still or scale them really. There doesn't seem to be any other options to change the settings for export

Hopefully, a Premiere user will be along soon who might be able to help.

Hello there,

As midnight said, there are literally dozens of potential pitfalls either in project settings, sequence settings and export settings.

I'm looking at the export window right now, try these

- top left corner, click the output window, then click "source scaling" and make sure it is "scale to fit"

- certain file format presets might not let you change the settings directly, they will instead give you a video codec to choose from in the bottom right hand window, in the video tab.

- try choosing an MPEG2 format
    - then choose PAL DV high quality
    - then set aspect ratio to 16:9

If it still is not right

-close export window
    - go to your project bin
    - drag the bar at the bottom of the window to the right until you see "Video info" them check aspect ratios there.

Try these and see if it helps.

10. Default

Hello there,

I didn't realise you had replied, so thank you, I'll try the settings you suggested.

Best wishes
    Graeme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast