Thread: Editing dvd chapters?

Default Editing dvd chapters?

Hello, my name is Spalector and I am totally new to video editing but I want to get into it. I need advice on which software to get for my needs. What I am wanting to do is take some dvds I have and just put certain chapters from various dvds together into one package (preferably onto another dvd). A chapter from one dvd here, another chapter from another dvd, and so on. Is this possible? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome.
    I suspect you need to have permission of the copyright holder, and a program like DVD Architect.... this is avaioable in some of the basic Vegas Movie Studio versions (but not the cheapest!)...it's a 32-bit program the same as the "Pro-version" (although that will have extra features too.
    It's a program that needs some effort to get it right, but very capable - indeed its only shortcoming IMHO is the lack of printing the Jewel-case inlay.
    Have a look at Sony creative website.

It's just possible you will need to Edit the imported chapters so as to start "v2" without the original chapters . . . Movie Studio should do this as you can import from a variety of Media.
    Both Movie Studio and DVDAS have "Show me How" tutorials that force you to perform tasks with the mouse (so no cheating) - there will be about 20 Topics with each program.
    If you get the "Suite version" you get Copyright-free music and Sound Forge fr audio effects - I use it all the time, but I'm starting with Camera-based MEdia (and an Audio recorder for Foley).

There are plenty of Software packages which are used to Burn DVDs (& BD), but on this site you will get plenty of help with Vegas