Thread: Laptop cant handle CS6

Default Laptop cant handle CS6

I have recently started video editing and have gotten a placement at an Internship. Unfortunately my 5 year old Dell isn't up to scratch. Sadly its time to let it go. It keeps crashing, it wont start up more often than not, the battery is dead and its just falling apart. The most annoying part is my Premier Pro keeps crashing without warning and cant perform complicated tasks. It took me 30 minutes to render 60 seconds of footage the other day. Its time for me to buy a new laptop however im not sure what laptop to get. I have a budget of 1000. Many of the other people in my Internship are using Macs and i have to admit i prefer final cut pro to CS6 although premier is slowly winning me over. I dont want to waste my money on a mac book pro if there is a better cheaper alternative.

My current laptop specs are
    4GB Ram
    Celeron (R) Dual-Core CPU
    64 Bit

If anyone has any suggestion or advice as to what laptop I should get it would be most helpfull.

Also if i do go down the mac route is the Retina display model worth the extra 500?

3XS - Configure your Scan Performance 15" Laptop

I cannot recommend these laptops enough, I own one of these with an I7-2820QM fitted and it just sings...Don't forget a 128GB SSD!

Another vote for Scan from me
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Thanks I will look into it. Price seems a bit steep however. Is it solely for Video editing? or can it be used as an everyday laptop as well? Im after an all purpose laptop until i can afford to build my own editing computer system.

It's a Windows 7 PC, You can use it for anything you want...

If your going to invest in a power-house PC later on...
    3XS - Gaming Laptops

Try one of these out for size.

London, England

FWIW, there is some sense in using the same software used by yr peers . . . apart from anything else, they may be able to provide help if/when you need it.

(However, I'd prefer a Win PC, without any pressure) =Bang/Buck-

See this page for information about hardware for Premiere Pro and After Effects: Adobe Community: FAQ: What computer and components should I buy for Premiere Pro or After Effects?
    Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
    After Effects Help and Support
    Premiere Pro Help and Support