Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I slow the preview + sound so I can align clips to audio? magix movie edit pro

Default How do I slow the preview + sound so I can align clips to audio? magix movie edit pro

I have a music track, I want to align the video clips to changes in the music. I want to run the preview slowly, with sound, so I can see the spot in the waveform to make the video alignment. How do I make a slow preview with sound? Or is there a better method for aligning video cuts with music?

Right now, the marker in the timeline flashes and jerks, the preview and sound goes in and out. I can't determine if that bump in the waveform is the cymbal or is it the next bump. I can preview it frame by frame with the arrow key, but I can't hear the audio that way.

Magix Movie Edit Pro MX Plus

Alienware m11x gaming computer with fat gpu, big ram and processor win7

.mp4 from GoPro (btw is there a better program to edit these?)

.wav audio

Blog Entries

If you want a completely automated solution, you could give muvee (Movie Making software + video editing program | muvee) a try.

Wasn't really asking about a completely automated solution (?)

Surely most people just loop a bit of playback and nudge the video until it fits? The more you zoom in the finer nudges you can make?

Yes, I do nudge the clips to the possible peak on the waveform, but I am not sure if it is the right one. The preview jerks and I can't quite tell if I got it. The only way to check is to render the thing; not very practical.

I have been trying, I did reduce the resolution of the preview, it does help a little. Maybe I am thinking about this the wrong way.

I think a problem you may have on this forum is that not many people who contribute to the forum use your software so we would be stabbing in the dark to give you a solution. You would have to hit the manual to find out how to change the rate of the play back in your software. It can be done in Sony Vegas so there is hope.

I think you are saying you are editing an MP4 on ordinary software? I could be wrong, but not familiar with your software.

If it's a final sound edit (the movie is complete), can you not downgrade the MP4 to a WMV or something, then use the WMV for sound syncing, then ultimately replace the WMV with the MP4 film once the soundtrack is correct?

It is just raw, straight from the camera.

Ah yeah, that could be a problem. May be an obscure situation.

I use the Magix Movie Edit Pro because it takes the .mp4 from the GoPro camera without having to convert it to something. I want to avoid converting so I don't get the .jpg of a .jpg or xerox of a xerox degradation.

My Premiere pro wouldn't take the .mp4 format (!?).

Maybe I'll look into that sony vegas.

ugh

Well thanks for thinking about it.

Also, the sound edit is good, the soundtrack song is complete. I want to edit the video clips to hit the peaks of the soundtrack.

What is the file size of the MP4?

Only suggestion left is to bring in one minute of footage at a time, then maybe the software will cope better, although I'm not convinced it works that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast