Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsure Which template to use - Vegas Pro 8.0

Default Unsure Which template to use - Vegas Pro 8.0

Hi there,

Kinda a new user to Sony Vegas (as in, started learning how to use my dads old copy of Vegas 8.0 3 hours ago.)

I'm really not sure which template to use, or how to determine which one I should be using. Could anyone help me out? Would be much appreciated.

I've got the type saved as Windows Media Video V9, and the current template as 6.4mbps HD 1080-24p

It looks completely fine when its showing in the small preview window on the top right hand corner of the screen, but when I press Preview on External Monitor its completely blurred.
    Last edited by Skaadi; 01-20-2013 at 07:42 PM.

What is the format and resolution of the original footage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What is the format and resolution of the original footage ?
    Uhh that is indeed part of the problem, I'm really, really new to this so if you could let me know how to check...?

Try this
    MediaInfo

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Try this
    MediaInfo
    IMG_0570.jpg

Was this what you were looking for?

Skaadi,
    was that info from your original footage?
    See also Note: for more information of this file, you must select a different View (Sheet, Tree...)

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Skaadi,
    was that info from your original footage?
    See also Note: for more information of this file, you must select a different View (Sheet, Tree...)
    OOPS no sorry, this was:

IMG_0571[1].jpg

I do see that you have Vegas Pro 8, but check if you can get something out of here
    Optimal Sony Vegas Render Settings for HD Youtube Videos? | Fraps Forum

Hmmm...

I would hazard a guess, built on 12 years working with this stuff, that you are "spreading" your resolution too thinly and somewhere in the workflow you are seeing the "murky truth".

A big clue is that your media is NOT HD resolution. You just do not have enough pixels per SQUARE-FOOT to go this far. You are painting with too much "water" in the paint pot. However, Vegas is making a reasonable fist of "showing" you something that would get you into seeing what you are creatively TRYING to achieve. Hence the OK-picture you are seeing. The External Monitor isn't telling lies - "What You've Done IS What You'll Get" - WYDIWYG - Is there such an acronym?

Anyhoo, this stuff really, and regularly breaks the back of braincells. Believe me, you are not alone.

My advice? Set your Project to MATCH your Media. Again, Set your Project to MATCH your Media; Ensure your preferences for your ExtMon/2nd Monitor comply with your Project and start over. Report back here with what you get.

. .
    . .

Follow the advice that Grazie has given you. Also when you render the project select a 720-30p template. go into the custom setting and on the video tab you will see an option box called image size, set this to keep original size. This should then give you the best image quality for this format.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast