Thread: how to remove silence from a video automatically??

Default how to remove silence from a video automatically??

i have many videos. i would like to be able remove the silence in a video of 10 minutos for example.
    i do produce videos for youtube ( like pauses of 10 seconds)and it take me long time to do this task.
    i got camtasia and imovie. If i have to buy a software plz let me know what.
    thank you in advance.
    gabe

2. Default

What do you mean you want to remove silence from the video? So when you pause it automatically cuts those sections out? I'm not sure any software has that sort of automation. However, I could be wrong.

This question has been asked before. It's a bit like motion detection software, it's a bit too specialized for the day to day video editor.

i ll tell you this scenario:
    recording many videos of hours ( chess games) a game might last 5 hours then all the thinking time has to be remove just to show in the video the movements that in total might be 40 minutes.
    cuz i got too many videos i want an easy way to remove those silence moment of nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarboy2828 View Post
    What do you mean you want to remove silence from the video? So when you pause it automatically cuts those sections out? I'm not sure any software has that sort of automation. However, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gabak View Post
    recording many videos of hours ( chess games)
    What exactly do you mean by 'silence'? I don't recall chess being a particulary noisy event.
    If the process cannot be done automatically; then which of the relevant actions take the longest:
    Manually finding 'silences' (via a screen which shows the waveform), or making the cuts at the correct momente, deleting the unwanted section, and closing up the gap.

Is seperate, cut and ripple delete in your fav editor too simple?
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

It's not simple enough for him, he wants the computer to do it for him with one click.

Quote Originally Posted by gabak View Post
    i ll tell you this scenario:
    recording many videos of hours ( chess games) a game might last 5 hours then all the thinking time has to be remove just to show in the video the movements that in total might be 40 minutes.
    cuz i got too many videos i want an easy way to remove those silence moment of nothingness.
    Employ an editor to do it for you.