Thread: Out of Control

1. Default Out of Control

Hi all,

This is a gaming inspired video that we filmed just before Christmas, please give any feedback. Thanks!

Out of Control - YouTube

I did notice the game player trying not to look at the camera at the beginning of the video, as a director look out for that sort of thing as it distracts the viewer. There was a bit of a focus issue at 2:04, looking for the wire shot. I thought the guy being controlled did a great job with his facial expressions.

Some nice attention to detail bits in this, like the transition at 2:12. I loved the way you built up the tension, will he fix the remote in time to save the guy etc.

Generally I thought it was well shot with fitting effects.

A good job.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

A good idea - very funny. The facial expressions of the guy in the woods helped a gread deal.
    However, I think you tried to milk it too much. It's a simple idea which we understand immediately, it then felt a bit like "more of the same" until you introduced the next idea (the flat battery - also very funny), and then spent too long (in my view) building the tension - again trying to milk it.
    Fundamentally you have two great ideas, both of which are immediately understandable, but spend four and a half minutes explaining them.

I was going to pass this one bye as i thought it would be gaming footage. then i read the other comments and decided to watch.... im glad i did. great idea, well shot with good sound. i particularly liked the game players point of view scene.
    Down side it was a bit too long for me but still very enjoyable.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

5. Default

thanks to all for the good comments. I too was a bit worried about the length and it seems it could have been shorter, which I will remember for next time! Oh and with all the shots inside I'm not surprised by those issues (surprised I didn't notice them in edit) as we had a very limited time to shoot it all (about 10 minutes without a possibility for re-shooting). However I will also try to avoid this in future videos.