Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: terminology query

  1. #1

    Default terminology query

    I'm trying to find some samples of videos that have fast paced transitions created by dirtying up the shot..

    For example...
    a woman hangs the washing out, she pulls a white bed sheet from the basket and shakes it out into the wind, the white sheet feels the screen.. and CUT TO... zoom out of the white in a flag being waved by a ww2 soldier in surrender.

    I cannot think for the life of me what that transition is called for me to search for what I need, any ideas?

  2. #2


    Do you mean a match cut.

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Do you mean a match cut.
    YES! Thankyou!!
    thats been bugging me all day! I can finally do what I needed to do

Similar Threads

  1. Editing Terminology/Software Suggestion
    By Prothymos in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 11:08 AM
  2. Terminology help please!
    By Zigomar in forum Forum Announcements and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
  3. Rendering Query
    By Klemenza in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
  4. Compression query
    By Allen in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 09:47 PM
  5. DV CAM query
    By stuartm in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 10:16 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts