Thread: Adobe Premiere Running Excessively Slow

Question Adobe Premiere Running Excessively Slow

Hey everyone, I was hoping you could help me out.

I am making a video in Adobe Premiere, which I have done many times in the past without ever encountering an issue.

Currently I am working on a project at 1080 which for some reason is causing my computer to DRAG severely when editing.

The video contains images which slide in at full scale (about 2x larger than 1080) then shrink down to 1080 scale. I am only doing this with one image at a time and it is already enough to cause the preview to lag, the program to sometimes crash, and exporting to become impossible because it will always fail.

I have made multiple videos that are much more complex in the past without any issue at all so I do not understand why this is happening.

My computer has:
    - NVIDIA Quadro 2000
    - 16GB of Ram
    - Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Cinebench Scores:
    OpenGL 44.33 fps
    CPU 5.31 pts

Could anyone give me advice on what I should do to get the program to stop running so horribly?

I'd check

- Premier Memory settings
    Is your memory set to performance in the settings? Make sure it's set to performance.
    - Sequence settings
    Are the sequence settings correct for the type of images you are importing? What are the images? are they .pngs? vector graphics? .jpegs?
    - FX used
    What effects are you using to achieve this? Any third party plugins?

I will have to check the memory settings, i really hope it is as simple as that.

I am using jpegs, but also tried them as png or tif images as well. (Not sure what you mean for sequence settings for the images, I do not really notice anything specific to images within sequence settings.)

I am using simple cross dissolve and effects entered by hand for movement/scale/opacity in certain places.

Blog Entries

In my experience, premiere has a tendency to throw a wobbly if you introduce non-standard media into a timeline. I think the facet is being shown by your images, and I'm not aware of a workaround. So this post is a "I share your pain". Hipefully someone will show more insight.

Edit: just to add, if you can render the timeline, do so and tick the option to use the previews on export.