Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bam!

Default Bam!

Guys (and Gal),

If this link is what I think it is, then all I can say is "Bam!":

Adobe - CS2 Downloads

Zam

Blog Entries

Let us know if it's what you think it is!

IT IS! IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS! This is a gamechanger.

Ok Zam, what is it ?

Not long ago Adobe decided to stop any further support for CS2, but when removing any relevant stuff from their servers it left anyone who had paid for, and is still using, it unable to re-install if they got a new computer or wanted a fresh instal. So this was their solution. Supposedly at first it was only for those who had paid for it, I'm not sure where they stand now that it got leaked, but there was never any great security surrounding the links, at first the page seemed to have been removed, but perhaps this was just related to mass access making it hard to get onto the page. Either it's all still there or got put back up, and they included the programs as well as the serials so it all seems available as a free download.

It wont run on newer Macs as it was for Power PC architecture, for anything later than Snow Leopard it wont install, but Cs2 will run a lot faster on older machines than the latest Cs versions.

David.
    Last edited by david walsh; 01-16-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Well that's very nice of them to give us free software. I may just dip in and get a copy of photoshop as I don't have it. I've been using an old version of Paint Shop Pro for decades.

Blog Entries

it's a clever move, even if not by design.
    Midnight, you're doing what many people will do. If I was starting video editing I might just get CS2 or Premiere Pro 2.
    In neither case are we likely to fork out the money to by the current product.
    However, once we've got used to working with Photoshop/CS2, we might be tempted, after a year or two, to get the current version. So long term Adobe might gain customers. They haven't lost anything. Some people might use this instead of pirating - again they haven't lost anything.
    Tim

It is quite a clever move. It's kind of like when Avid had their free version "Avid DV", but it's more of an older feature version than a limited feature version. Avid DV only supported the DV format. If I remember correct Cs2 doesn't natively support most of todays HD camera formats, I'm thinking it was only HDV, but I may be wrong.

And a correction to my last post, on Snow Leopard it must be installed/run through an emulator, I'm not sure how it all goes as I've never run a PowerPC app on intel Macs. I'd recon the windows version would probably run better on a Mac through bootcamp.

Cs(latest version) isn't cheap and one day Cs2 wont run on the latest PC's or Macs.

David.

"Thanks Zam!"
    "Wow - you're really looking out for us!"
    "Lucky you spotted that one Zam! You da man!"
    "You are one great guy!"

--- you're welcome

I guess you feel unacknowledged. We all love you really Zam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast