Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Video

Default New Video

So I'm gonna try and do a music video a month and I started really late with a genero comp as it was easy access to audio and had some competition involved.

I shot this in a day (but split over two), edited in an afternoon and had about 3 days to find people and outfits.
    I'm not 100% happy, there were some technical accidents that I am a bit annoyed with (my poor panda is noisy as hell from shooting in the rain and flicking from manual to av by accident :( noooo!). And the story line could have been much better, locations could have been chosen better and I could have done with some more people with onesies..
    But I managed a lot in such a short space of time between work and the threat of awful weather so I can't complain too much.

Feel free to add your thoughts..

Heres the link! ---->Watch Videos | Genero.tv

I think it's a good creative idea but it seems to lack a narrative to take the viewer to the end. It's not until you get near the end when every one seems to go crazy that anything really happens apart from the odd moment here and there.

I like that you are putting in the discipline to do one every month, this will really fine tune your skills.

Blog Entries

Like Midnight, I found it a bit of a slow burn. For those who wait for the end though, it's well worth it.
    Tim

yeah, I ran out of people with onesies man, there was gonna be so much more in the middle.. frustrating :/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzymuffin View Post
    yeah, I ran out of people with onesies man, there was gonna be so much more in the middle.. frustrating :/
    Funnily enough, I found the "suit" in the mask a much more interesting character.
    Tim

You touched on something but it never developed. But I guess the band could use the concept, as it would all have to be re shot anyway. I liked the baby tiger, but never quite got the bit about them hanging a leapord print on the washing line? Was there a message there or not?

I had heaps of interlace flicker on 2 different monitors, full screen and ordinary - is it just me?

7. Default

At about 50 sec you had really high iso's and thus high noise which was wayyy to noticeable. Also, that dolly shot should have kept going instead of stopped.
    After about a minute I got bored and didn't want to watch. Why? because there was nothing new. You didn't really address the meaning of the song either which is probably more what they were looking for. However, as I myself considered entering the competition I commend you for at least coming up with an idea because I had none that would really go with the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post

I had heaps of interlace flicker on 2 different monitors, full screen and ordinary - is it just me?
    That shouldn't have happened - what were you watching on? There was no interlaced footage in that vid :/

ComeToLyfe - noise I'm aware of and think I mentioned already.

Fanks guys, again, I'm not happy with it either for all the same points raised. Next one will be better

I was watching it on my laptop hooked up to a 24 inch monitor and a TV, which may not be ideal.

So I have just tried it on the laptop, isolated from the other monitors, same problem, especially for the fast bits at the end, there are horizontal lines happening at one third and two third screen.

It must be your set up Stripe as I don't see any interlace issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast