Thread: My little girl's first stpes

Blog Entries

Default My little girl's first stpes

My little girl took her first steps this week. Of course, I was there with a camera. As you might expect, the actual filming isn't perfect, but it captured a great moment! One thng that constantly frustrates me is the lack of decent lighting in my hous. Anyone have any tips for discreet lighting?

Great video! Now you better exchange this camera for more .45 ammunition!! You´ll have trouble keeping the boys away in a few years.....

It's perfect Marc, much better than the one I did of my daughter. I love the shot of her with the green box on her head.

Blog Entries

Fist Steps - that's what I have to blame for getting into this hobby. (First steps of Elise that is, not Elyssa, obviously).
    But I don't think I ever took them - at least nothing worth watching. You make it look easy, Marc. A loely video.
    Tim

I'd try to keep it as natural as possible for this type of video, but even subtle direction, of kids or adults, in relation to lighting can take away naturalness.

A simple white reflector would be handy, and convenient, but your wife would probably soon hate you when she notice her assumed assistant role.

David.

One of the guys at our video club has just bought some led, rechargeable battery powered spots that can mounted to a camera tripod. Not exactly subtle bit not to intrusive either.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933