Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best place to promote video to gain subscribers?

1. Default what is the best place to promote video to gain subscribers?

Title says it all

It may depend on what you intend to gain from these subscribers, where they hangout, what you are offering, and the degree of social interaction you intend to have with these new found people. Some people attempt to widen their appeal by being visible and active in every single social network. I assume you are referring to "YouTube" subscribers; but the same question could be asked of Twitter subscribers or the useless Facebook 'like' systems.
    I am curious. Why do you want YouTube Subscribers?

3. Default

I meant YouTube subscribers and answering your question I want then to open up my audience and increase view count.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matgame2 View Post
    I meant YouTube subscribers and answering your question I want then to open up my audience and increase view count.
    And what is your answer to thTim's first sentence? Are these music vids (what sort?) games vid (what sort?) .
    I'm not being flippant, it's a bit like asking "How do I get more people to listen to my radio station?" - we need to know the tarjket audience and the type of radio station.
    Tim

5. Default

Gaming vids

6. Default

Mostly battlefield montages

Default Viewcount

I think you got to use Twitter. Follow different Hashtags (I guess around gaming) and see what people are posting in those hashtags. Even if you just use hashtags like #gaming, #videogames, etc you will definitely get some people to see your video even if they dont subscribe

Hi

This is something I recently wrote an article on for my Vlog blog, but for me there are four main elements to gaining subscribers:

1) Interaction - As others have suggested, using Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest are all great ways to promote your YouTube channel and, more importantly, allow you to talk and interact with your potential new subsribers. If they like you and your content, they will probably subscribe to the vast majority of your social hubs - including YouTube. Perhaps also interact with other YouTubers - you collaborate in a video for their channel and vice-versa. It gives you more coverage and potential for new subscribers!

2) Regular Videos - Make sure you post regular videos on a constant basis to help gain new subscribers, and, just as important, to retain existing subscribers. Creating a one-off video isn't going to to cut it and you are likely to find your subscriber list drop rather than increase. Once a week, once every two weeks, or even once a month is fine - the key is to publish on a regular schedule - a time when your subscribers know new content will be available.

3) Use YouTube tools and ASK people! - Use the tools available in YouTube to ask people to 'like' your video at certain points. I know a number of successful Vloggers who have 400,000 + subscribers that create 'like hotspots' in their videos I.e something funny happens such as falling of a chair (lame example I know) but they will use the annotations tool to say 'like' for falling off a chair. It seems to work as they get thousands of 'likes'. Also, at the end of your video, remind people to subscribe.

4) Patience - This is usually the killer for most. People NO LONGER have patience! Typically you are not going to gain thousands of subscribers over night. Only over time and by creating regular content are you going to gain a lot of subscribers.

I hope that helps and you start gaining those all important subscribers soon!

Good luck

Andrew

1. Nothing mentioned about having a video that people want to watch.

2. Just promotion, promotion is all you need, see rule 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    1. Nothing mentioned about having a video that people want to watch.

2. Just promotion, promotion is all you need, see rule 1.
    Point 1 (as above)

Yes, but are people likely to subscribe if there is nothing to watch? The title is how to gain more subscribers and then it mentions in a post further down, subscribers on YouTube.

What would be the point of promotion if there is no video? To gain subscribers surely you need something for people to subscribe to - they are not going to simply subscribe to a blank channel!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Point 2
    See points 2 and 3 of my previous post. Why not use YouTube for promotion. Also twitter, tumblr, pinterest, facebook....the list goes on and I would be interested in your thoughts!

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast