Thread: New member with funny videos

Thumbs up New member with funny videos

Hello everybody, my name is carl and im new here, but i make videos for fun, i use vegas pro 11 and adobe after effects cs5 to edit the videos, please let me know what you guys think of my videos so i can improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HouoQ2-WpIM

Sorry but it didn't work for me as a comedy but that might just be because my brother was murdered last week.

Filming wasn't very good, the framing was well off and the sound wasn't very good. Take a look at basic "rule of thirds" to help you with the framing. I'm sure your going to tell us you don't have a separate mic so you had to record with the on board camera mic. Well to improve the quality of your videos 100% record really good sound.

The editing was cut really slow for a comedy and to FX very basic. I won't even mention lighting, Oh, I just did and what was the last minute all about.

Keep making videos and you will keep improving, if you do a bit of study.

Blog Entries

I actually quite liked the humour but I have to agree with Midnight that there are quite a few composition problems which need sorting (like getting the head in the frame).

The lighting in the middle section was non-existant, which means that you couldn't see what was going on. There's film-noir and there's complete-noir and yours unfortunately was way too dark.

What was the minute of still-frame at the end all about?

Also it needs to be edited a bit tighter but I think you've got potential and look forward to seeing future stuff from you.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 01-10-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Hi, CjandEarl , i am a new member here too. Nice to meet you in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Sorry but it didn't work for me as a comedy but that might just be because my brother was murdered last week.

Filming wasn't very good, the framing was well off and the sound wasn't very good. Take a look at basic "rule of thirds" to help you with the framing. I'm sure your going to tell us you don't have a separate mic so you had to record with the on board camera mic. Well to improve the quality of your videos 100% record really good sound.

The editing was cut really slow for a comedy and to FX very basic. I won't even mention lighting, Oh, I just did and what was the last minute all about.

Keep making videos and you will keep improving, if you do a bit of study.
    Thank you very much for your opinion, ill keep that in mind while making other videos, and the last minute its just for the thumbnail. A yeah i have a second vid too, if you want to say something about this one - here is the link How To Open a Banana With a Gun! - YouTube

Only have one video per thread otherwise it gets confusing for readers. If you want to post another video start a new thread.

Thank you.

It wasn't my take on Comedy, liking Fawlty Towers about the nearest to modern slapstick.
    I think when presenting your material it is better to stick to defined subjects, as "comedy" is so very broad.
    "A day at the races" might not appeal to you as a film-maker, or even as an editor, but it gives plenty of room for different shots, audio and so on; - maybe coupled with an interview of the Winner (or a fake one?).
    - it should have a Beginning, Middle and End - - - and could include some "comedy" like where you bet on the wrong horse (say) which comes first, due to some unforseen accident.

It's far easier for others to judge the techy-bits when the story-line is easy to grasp and flows neatly from start to finish.
    I wonder what made you buy the Pro Sony software, over the budget version? and AE is pretty pricey too I believe....deep pockets perhaps.

Good luck.