Thread: AVID STUDIO - GoPro MP4 @ WVGA 240fps issues

Default AVID STUDIO - GoPro MP4 @ WVGA 240fps issues

So I bought the new GoPro Hero3 Black Edition. One of the options is to shoot in WVGA at 240 frames per second. The file saves to the usual MP4 format and I have used Avid Studio to edit many GoPro MP4 files in the past but in 720p & 1080p mode.

Basically, the WVGA @ 240 fps recorded MP4 will not import correctly in to Avid Studio. It shows the arrows circling as the pic instead of a shot from the video when in the library. It also shows a red bar in the render field (rather than green when working) when I move the video in to the timeline. It will let me preview the video, but it plays a very shortened clip which stutters.

I tried to attach the file but no dice. Let me know if you are able to help and I can send the file to you through Google Drive or some other method.

Also, the file loads in to Power Director 10 with no problem. I am able to edit the file and produce a finished video with no issues.

It probably is a limiting factor of the Pinnacle software not being able to deal with 240 fps. You would have to render it out in Power Director into a 60fps then bring it into Pinnacle.