Thread: Software recommendations for my particular editing needs?

Question Software recommendations for my particular editing needs?

Hey guys, my name's Austin. I had a question on editing software, and y'all seemed to know your stuff.

I recently had http://www.videoconversionexperts.com/ remaster some family videos. But to be honest, there's someone on those videos that we don't want in there, so the company provided me with an external hard drive containing the HD-AVI files, as well as blank archival DVD's to burn them on.
    There are three videos. One of them is fine; one, which is just a random assortment of home videos, simply needs deletions; but the last one is more complicated. When I was little my mom would make these home videos; gather the film and pictures and put them in order to music. So what this means for me is that there are a couple of places where I need to change the picture (like having a scanned picture in place of the one in the film), but keep the audio.

Based on these needs, what video editing software will allow me to do this? (Remember, I also need to burn the files to an archival DVD.) Free is always good, but if there is no free software out there that can do what I need, I'm willing to pay.

Thank you!

I don't really know of free software BUT for what you want to do most of the lower end (around $50) editing software like Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 will do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't really know of free software BUT for what you want to do most of the lower end (around $50) editing software like Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 will do for you.
    Thanks for the response! I was recommended Pinnacle Studio's software by the guys at Video Conversion Experts; I know that software can do what I want it to do.

Pinnacle will be able to do the job you are currently doing but you might find it limiting once you get bitten by the video bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Pinnacle will be able to do the job you are currently doing but you might find it limiting once you get bitten by the video bug.
    Ok, thank you! I'll look into it.