Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2013 MONTHLY VIDEO PROJECT - JANUARY (ICE)

Default The 2013 MONTHLY VIDEO PROJECT - JANUARY (ICE)

Greetings Videomakers at Digital Director Forum!

The 2013 Monthly Video Project is a simple idea to help you get your camera and do what you like most: film, edit and share your final product. Itīs NOT a competition! Itīs just a way to ad an objective to your production. A common monthly "theme" that we all will work on, and then share and talk about the results.

There are only 2 "rules" to follow:

1) follow the theme of the month preferentially with scenes made on the same month (remember: the idea is to make you get out and film!!Cīmon!!)

2) try to keep the film duration between 1 to 4 minutes (but feel free to ignore rules)

3) Ok, a third "rule".... Post your video on any hoster (YouTube, Vimeo etc) and then post/embed your link here on the apropriate monthly thread UNTIL the 25th of the month! (yeah, of course you can ignore this rule too, but fewer people will watch your results, since the next monthīs theme/thread will be already running!! )

4) guess what.... the forum rules on what/how/when/where to post always prevail. Be nice! And thanks to all Moderators to keep the forum that way!

Any questions???? No???? Great!!! Letīs start!!!
    Ops....somebody raised a hand in the back.... Yes sir??? How can I help you?
    Sorry, I canīt hear you... Please guys, no side-discussions now... I canīt hear Mr. ....
    What???sorry... Who sets the THEMES every month?? Is that your question??? Ah, ok...
    Yes, well.. itīs me I guess..... Iīll define the themes and post a new monthly thread (with it) until the 2nd or the 3rd of the month...
    If I accept sugestions??? OF COURSE!!! Please help me on that!!! Just use that PVT messaging feature please...

SINCE January is already on itīs way, here is a simple theme just to start: ICE (yes, solid cold water.... solid extra-cold CO2, etc).

Yes sir... Another question?? Please....
    If Ice-cream is OK???? Well.... itīs YOUR video!!! Feel free to interpret ICE in any way you wish!!!

Any other questions????

Great stuff Tony. This topic can be interpreted in lots of different ways (luckily for you that is). Now do I wait for this mild weather to go or do I get inventive......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Now do I wait for this mild weather to go or do I get inventive......
    You could always film your car stereo.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Great stuff Tony. This topic can be interpreted in lots of different ways (luckily for you that is). Now do I wait for this mild weather to go or do I get inventive......
    I have a glass full of Coke and ice in front of me..... The other options were a can full of scissors, pens etc or the computer monitor....

PS: MB, please feel free to correct all my English mistakes on the main posts..... (too many errors may put some people down on the idea, I understand...)
    Last edited by TonyBR; 01-07-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    PS: MB, please feel free to correct all my English mistakes on the main posts
    Tony, your posts are perfectly clear and written in better English than Midnight or I can manage!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You could always film your car stereo.
    Palying in the freezer....

BTW, can we put a GoPro inside a freezer???

BTW, can we put a GoPro inside a freezer
    Thats a good way of seeing if the light stays on when you shut the door.

I didn't intend to make you think you had made any errors in your post. As Tim said you write better English than we do.

Blog Entries

I'm setting the bar extremely low here, both in terms of creativity and technique. Looking forward to seeing considerably better!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I'm setting the bar extremely low here, both in terms of creativity and technique.
    Nevertheless, it's the leader in teh clubhouse. Well done for kicking it off, Marc.
    Seems like there's colder weather on the way so some possibilities here in the UK.

Cabn I suggest a supplementary rule - no old films allowed. This is really just a ploy to prevent Midnight entering his rather nice film of snow & ice from last year (or was it the year before?)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Cabn I suggest a supplementary rule - no old films allowed. This is really just a ploy to prevent Midnight entering his rather nice film of snow & ice from last year (or was it the year before?)
    I second that. I was tempted to do the same myself!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast