Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rule of Thirds

Default Rule of Thirds

I just watched these videos, it's a photography thing but it all relates to video as well. They're very well covered and explained.

The 4th one isn't of as much interest as it goes into iPhone photo editing.

The Rule of Thirds as You've Never Seen it! iPhone Camera Essentials

David.

Quote Originally Posted by david walsh View Post
    I just watched these videos, it's a photography thing but it all relates to video as well. They're very well covered and explained.

The 4th one isn't of as much interest as it goes into iPhone photo editing.

The Rule of Thirds as You've Never Seen it! iPhone Camera Essentials

David.
    nice one david. bookmarked... ill have a proper blimp later
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

The videos are ok but he kept bugging me using the word "iphoneographer".

Blog Entries

Wasn't keen on his delivery - felt extremely patronising. Was the disregard for "the rule of turds" (subject in the far right, often facing right) a deliberate irony?

I never had a problem with his delivery and have overcome being bothered with marketing crap such as "iphoneography". I just ignore it. It's definitely not the presentational style for most of the members here, it has a definite target market which I thought it was probably ideal for. But I just thought the information was excellent, clear would be useful for some.

I don't know they thought the video they were making was less important than the content they were talking about, it was flawed in a number of ways.

David.

Blog Entries

If someone attempted to explain the rules of grammar, I'd be a bit disappointed by typos. It's difficult to accept something as credible if there's a disregard for the fundamentals in their own work.

Blog Entries

I didn't find his delivery too patronising (apart fom the iPhone stuff in part 4). I put it down to (a) me having no background in photography (I've only come to the principles via video) and (b) his accent and possibly cultural differences in delivery. I liked many of his photos too. I learnt something.
    Tim

Blog Entries

I found the golden spiral a good educational tool (rule) for creating something that looks "right" (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=go...&client=safari). For me , just seeing the picture makes you think, "that makes sense". then, knowing this rule, you learn how to break it.

If someone attempted to explain the rules of grammar, I'd be a bit disappointed by typos. It's difficult to accept something as credible if there's a disregard for the fundamentals in their own work.
    You have me curious here Marc, I found his photo's to be excellently composed. I just had a quick skip through again, and as with the first time there's a couple I'd make very minor alterations to, but that's a personal thing. Other than that I find his photo's to be very well composed with a great understanding of what he is talking about.

I regularly talk with photography students about their work, mostly in relation to lighting and composition, and would be happy to discus any of the pictures on these clips that you may be referring to.

David.

Blog Entries

I meant the video, not the stills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast