Thread: What output settings for project based on Canon TX1 camcorder clips?

Default What output settings for project based on Canon TX1 camcorder clips?

I have some footage shot on a Canon Powershot TX1, and am trying to find the best output settings for rendering a project which uses the footage. The objective is to retain all of the original image quality. I'm using Vegas Pro 11.

The captured video is in the form of HD .avi files, and shows the following specs in the Windows file properties:

Video:
    Frame height: 720
    Frame width: 1280
    Data rate: 40298kbps
    Total bitrate: 41710kbps
    Frame rate: 30 fps

Audio:
    Bitrate: 1411kbps
    Channels: 2
    Audio sample rate: 44KHz

Could someone suggest the best Vegas output template/settings to retain the original quality while generating an output file which is comparable in size to the source clips?

Something like the MainConcept HDV 720p mpeg2 template or the equivalent mpeg4 720p template which should give you a smaller file size than the mpeg2 but maintain the image quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Something like the MainConcept HDV 720p mpeg2 template or the equivalent mpeg4 720p template which should give you a smaller file size than the mpeg2 but maintain the image quality.
    Many thanks for the tip - I've just tried it and it looks about right (in terms of both quality and filesize)

Quote Originally Posted by itm2 View Post
    Many thanks for the tip - I've just tried it and it looks about right (in terms of both quality and filesize)
    Oops...I spoke too soon. When I used the Mainconcept HDV 720p mpeg2 template it rendered the video and soundtrack from the clips fine, but ignored the overdubbed audio soundtrack that had been added in Vegas - i.e. the rendered video contained only the original clip audio, and not the overdubs.

Any ideas???