Thread: PLEASE HELP!! Problem using Vegas Platinum HD Movie Maker 11.0

Exclamation PLEASE HELP!! Problem using Vegas Platinum HD Movie Maker 11.0

Hi

I have been using this software for about a year now and have been pretty satisfied with it so far but now I've encountered a mega issue which is driving me crazy!

I recently got an iPhone and i took lots of videos that i then put into Vegas to make a video. at first when there were only several clips it was fine but as i added more clips it got more and more jerky and eventually all the videos were just red and black flashing. very frustrating! if i left it for a bit sometimes i could glimpse bits of the actual clip between the flashings but that was about it. after i'd editted the clips and added music, transitions, texture etc the video was just under 4 mins long. i wasn't able to view the whole thing on Vegas because of the flashing so i tried to save it to my hard-drive. I chose the format and everything then clicked "Render". it started to render then after a few seconds claimed that my computer was low on memory which i'm sure its not. i tried again and a different excuse came up, and so on.

I wanted to make this video a week ago but i cant because i am unable to view the clips and i cant render it, and after ive been on it for less than 5 mins the software just freezes and shuts itself down. i cant think why its doing this, ive made lots of videos on this software before, the only difference i can think of is that i was using videos from my iPhone 4 for the first time, but ive used videos from my friends iPod touch before and they were fine? so i dont know whats going on :P

Ive tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it again but that didn't work.

Please help!!! D:

xx

Can you give us an idea of how good your hardware is. If you have good hardware spec. then you might have hit a software bug. This might just be a CODEC problem. BUT we need more info please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Can you give us an idea of how good your hardware is. If you have good hardware spec. then you might have hit a software bug. This might just be a CODEC problem. BUT we need more info please.
    Or even a bum clip in there.
    Tim

OK, here is what Sony say is a minimum specification for your PC. Do you see anything lacking in your PC? DO check the Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files - spec on your machine.

Be that as it may, I have VP12 and have just dropped 21 iPhone4 MOV files directly on the Timeline. They account for 974 mb of media, that's almost 1GB of media. No problem with playing them or VP controls. I'm running QT version 7.7.3. What's your version?

Sony minimum system requirements
    • Microsoft® Windows Vista® 32-bit or 64-bit SP2, Windows® 7 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows® 8 32-bit or 64-bit operating system
    • 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
    • 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
    • 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
    • IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
    • USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
    • 512 MB GPU memory
    • NVIDIA, INTEL, or AMD GPU:
      NVIDIA Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.

• GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
      • Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).

NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.
      AMD/ATI Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
      INTEL Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU such as HD Graphics 4000.
    • Windows-compatible sound card
    • DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
    • Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
    • Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
    • Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (included on application disc)
    • Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
    • Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)

Default hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 and my system tells me the spec. is as follows:
    Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    Model Dell XPS420
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 32-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 4
    64-bit capable Yes
    Storage
    Total size of hard disk(s) 699 GB
    Disk partition (C 456 GB Free (684 GB Total)
    Disk partition (D 11 GB Free (15 GB Total)
    Media drive (E CD/DVD
    Graphics
    Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
    Total available graphics memory 1662 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1406 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.850.0.0
    Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
    DirectX version DirectX 10

Thanks Grazie,
    I'm using Quicktime 7.7.3 and it looks like my other hardware and software should be more than good enough - see my other post. Really confused??

Your ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT appears under-specc'ed. Look at the list I left you.

.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by JenMet View Post
    ..it started to render then after a few seconds claimed that my computer was low on memory which i'm sure its not. i tried again and a different excuse came up, and so on.
    You seem to have Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. Remember it's a 32-bit application and cannot address up to more than 2 GB ram before build 283. From that build on, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11 can address up to 4 GB of memory when running on a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7. What build do you have (see Help>About)?

Some of these may help

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1155
    https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4168
    https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4505

I've also seen some reports of the newest versions of Quicktime/iTunes installed causing VMS grief.

But like Grazie says, your graphics card may well be a reason for your problems.

Below are some points taken from the Release Notes of my version of VMStudio Platinum 11.

Improved support for GPU-accelerated AVC rendering using the Sony AVC/MVC plug-in.

• NVIDIA GPUs
    • GPU-accelerated AVC rendering requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and NVIDIA driver 185.xx or later with a GeForce GT 2xx Series or newer GPU.
      For more information about CUDA-enabled GPUs, please see http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn_products.html.
    • ATI GPUs
    • OpenCL GPU-accelerated rendering requires an OpenCL-enabled ATI GPU and AMD Radeon Catalyst driver 11.2 or later with an ATI Radeon HD 57xx or newer GPU (please see Known Issues regarding an incompatibility with driver version 11.3 and 11.4). We recommend using an ATI Radeon HD 57xx or newer GPU. If using an ATI FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.773 or later is required.

4.0 System Requirements
    • Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3, Windows Vista™ SP2, or Windows 7
    • 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
    • 400 MB hard-disk space for program installation
    • 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
    • OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
    • USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD or DVD camcorders)
    • Windows-compatible sound card
    • DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
    • Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
    • Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
    • Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.51 (included on application disc)
    • Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later

edit:
    You might want to see the last post here
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=12&MessageID=829027

Last edited by vkmast; 01-04-2013 at 05:43 PM.