Thread: Scuba diving video in the US

Default Scuba diving video in the US

Hey all...I am new here and looking to learn what I can about putting together videos to put on YouTube and Facebook. My wife and I are scuba divers (recently certified) and I have a GoPro Hero that I use to video our underwater adventures. I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 and up until this last weekend I have not had any troubles with it rendering anything I put together. I went on a fishing trip this last weekend and when I rendered the video after editing all the clips it won't upload to YouTube. I set it to render at 6 Mbps HD 720-30p Video which has worked for the other two or three videos I have done. This time when the video completed it's rendering instead of being in a .wmv extension it has a .vf extension and will not load up to YouTube. Does anyone have any experience with this editing program that might be able to point what I have done that would keep my videos from rendering in the proper format? I did not change my GoPro in any way from the other videos that I shot in July.

Thanks for any insight anyone might share...

Blog Entries

I've moved this to the Sony Vegas section (you'd posted in the Social Media section, where you are less ikely to get a resonse).

The .vf file is your project file - a "list" of all the edits, transitions, effects etc you made: the "recipie" for your video if you like, rather than the "baked cake" - not the rendered output.
    Try again and pay particular attention to the name and location of the file you are rendering to.

(the .vf file is what you get when you "Save" a project.)
    Tim

It sounds like you accidentally clicked on "Save As", in stead of "Render As".

Thank you for the move and the advice. I saw the Sony Vegas thread right after posting here. I will check the save as issue and get back you. Thanks again.

Here is another question regarding the .vf file type. Can that file type be rendered to a .wmv or a Quicktime file type or do I have to go in an edit my video's allover again and try to render yet once again in the proper format?

I you open that project in Vegas, you can then render it as a .wmv or quicktime or anything else that is available in Vegas.

The .vf file is all the editing information that you saved. It is the project information,ie cut here, trim there etc. not the video file it's self. So when you open it in Vegas it will load all the work that you have saved in the project.

Right on...thanks MB. All info is very much appreciated.

WOW!!! Do I feel dumb. I looked at the folder address when I brought up the render screen and it was not my project folder like I thought. Feeling a little brain dead at the moment...LOL!!!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to convert a Scuba diving online log book graph to a jpeg so I can add it to my video. Thanks everyone for helping out, even those who have posted on other threads I have read to learn more. Cheers!!!