Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Sky

Default Mysterious Sky

I had a drunken idea to film a Chinese lantern floating around on New Years Eve. Needless to say I failed big time. So I made this out of the pieces of my shattered dream.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-04-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Errmm ... any reason why you bypassed one of the stars in Ursa Major?
    I think you have too much time on your hands and need a couple of interesting jobs to get you into the New Year
    Tim

any reason why you bypassed one of the stars in Ursa Major
    I only know The Plough. I've fixed it now.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-04-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    need a couple of interesting jobs to get you into the New Year
    Iīm always waiting for the new "Vimeo Weekend Project" at Vimeo, but they come only once a month and the themes are quite "weak" most times... ("Film with an Iphone", "10 seconds of Xmas" etc) Why donīt we start a small "contest" here among us? No prizes, no competition, just a way to bring objectives and discussion over different results... Twice a month would be nice to start....

MB, I liked the film.... also the music. Maybe more the music than the film.... So you managed to have such a full moon and the lantern flying on the right spot, eh???? But..... I guess that there is one fading where the moon fades faster than the lantern. This can be interesting for the "story", but it probably goes against physics...

I guess that there is one fading where the moon fades faster than the lantern
    That was the moon going behind a cloud but the lantern was below the cloud. There for physics is still in tacked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Why donīt we start a small "contest" here among us? No prizes, no competition, just a way to bring objectives and discussion over different results... Twice a month would be nice to start....
    And extremely ambitious!
    We have had one or two competitions here.
    Marc has also, several times, tried to get a "Video of the Month" going, where people vote for their favourite. The problem is it takes time to set up (select and link to the shortlist) and so few people bothered to vote (we're talking single figures some months) it was rather soul destroying.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    And extremely ambitious!
    We have had one or two competitions here.
    Marc has also, several times, tried to get a "Video of the Month" going, where people vote for their favourite. The problem is it takes time to set up (select and link to the shortlist) and so few people bothered to vote (we're talking single figures some months) it was rather soul destroying.
    (MB, sorry for kidnapping the thread for a moment.)

Yes Tim, I saw the Video of the Month area in the forum.... But thatīs not exactly what I meant. Not a contest/competition (that depends on votes, more people having to watch etc), but just a common theme for us (the regulars here) to explore and see what we can get from it.

Maybe calling it THEME of the Month. Something objective to look at, plan, film, edit and talk about/compare views a bit later. Very simple rules (max duration, shots must be taken on the same month of the theme and.... thatīs all).

I use another forum (canoeing ) where they have a photo subject of the month thread always going on. The guy who started the thread did set the 1st theme and decided who "won" the 1st month. This winner then sets the new theme for the next month and decides the next winner...and so on... Since itīs always based on just one person (last winner), things run quite well.

What Iīm proposing can be even easier, no winners, no votes.... We can even define the 12 themes for 2013 right now, randomly, based on a magazine random pages for example.... Or, if we get to the conclusion that releasing the monthly themes in much advance is not ok, we can find a way to sort the monthīs theme based on a random formula etc...

(List of 12 themes: _______________________, _________________________________, _______________________________ ...)

Jan/2013 -
    Feb/2013 -
    Mar/2013 -
    Apr/2013 -
    Mai/2013 -
    Jun/2013 -
    Jul/2013 -
    Aug/2013 -
    Sep/2013 -
    Oct/2013 -
    Nov/2013 -
    Dec/2013 -

I truly understand that "counting on others" is not always rewarding... I recently organized a big Xmas meeting of our canoeing club here in BR. Within 15 days to the event I had 68 e-mail confirmations. Within one week to the event it droped to 3!!!! Including me!!

But, even if itīs for just 3 or 10 or 100 members, itīs ok.... It takes just one to have fun!

Hope you like the idea.
    Last edited by TonyBR; 01-04-2013 at 12:10 PM.

I think Tony might have something with this. For example if we pick a subject like low light or night shots or fast objects. This could be a good spring board to discuss the technical issues we had to over come (or not) with each subject. I think it would be very beneficial for members to read, so long as we have someone like Rob to look over what we say on the technical side of things. BUT if we stick to our honest experiences good or bad it might help some people.

This may be better put in the blog section of the site rather than the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think Tony might have something with this. For example if we pick a subject like low light or night shots or fast objects. This could be a good spring board to discuss the technical issues we had to over come (or not) with each subject. I think it would be very beneficial for members to read, so long as we have someone like Rob to look over what we say on the technical side of things. BUT if we stick to our honest experiences good or bad it might help some people.

This may be better put in the blog section of the site rather than the forum.

Thatīs it!!!

Blog?? What blog???

I think that Ursa Major's position shows the light is travelling eastwards. Very appropriate for these last days of the season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast