Thread: Looking for a job in the UK.

Default Looking for a job in the UK.

Hello, first of all, I'd like to wish everyone a fabulous 2013!
    I'm a young but experienced video editor from Romania. I've been working for the past 6 years for the most successful TV stations in Romania. In short terms, I'm a really fast and creative video editor and I need a new challenge in my life.
    My work until now hasn't really been the classical "cut-cut" you'd see in news or movies, but rather more like promo, fast-paced and lively trailer-like clips. That's why, besides Final Cut, Velocity or Premiere, i use After Effects, Photoshop and a lot of sound editing to finish my work. I also participate in most of the filming and assume the role of shot director, for an easier job afterwards.
    I'd really like a chance to prove myself in the UK, so if anyone would be interested in taking advantage of my skills and creativity, feel free to PM me for a resume, letter of recommendation or anything similar.
    Here's a showreel I managed to make in a few hours: (note that 90% of what you see there is made in the fast-paced environment of a news department, with deadlines which mean hours or even tens of minutes)
    Thank you for your time,
    Alex

L.E. I apologize to the admins if this post is in the wrong place.
    Last edited by alexrogozea; 01-02-2013 at 02:07 PM.

very interesting reel, nicely done

Thank you for the positive reply, sir!

Hi Alex.

I thought you made a good job of this in particular showcasing your skills. As a Promo to me it was to long you need to concentrate on short sharp and straight to the point,if you want to get the message across. Remember it may look a blockbuster masterpiece to you but the viewer not knowing what to expect will soon leave if its to long. Think of TV Promos and Advertizing.

Good Luck.

Hey, thanks a lot for the reply!
    I am thinking of TV promos and advertising, however I tried to cover a large area of expertise in this video. In a TV promo you only have one idea to unveil, that's why 30 seconds are enough or even too much. I try to look at a promo as a "business card", while a video editing showreel is more like a "resume"; that's why i think that if anyone would be interested in my skills, they'd like to see a resume, not just a business card.

Nice work good luck with the job hunting. You'll need it in this economic climate. BUT for someone with talent I always like to think that the cream will float to the top.

Thank you very much! Well, to be honest I know it's going to be hard to get there, but one can only try and hope for the best. And try again.
    (also thank you for moving my thread where it belongs)