Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me to Reduce Video size and Dual Audio

Question Help me to Reduce Video size and making Dual Audio

Hi....

I am new here as well as new to edit any movie...

I had some videos (my brother's marriage) captured by Samsung Galaxy Note N 7000. videos were in 46 pieces having size more than 8 GB with 88 mints of duration (so much heavy size).... i tried to edit the movie in Ulead Video Studio 11 but the files were not supported...than i converted the clips with any video converter in MPG format....but there size was not reduced which i was thinking and it came over 5 GB.... than i have edited it with Ulead by using some effects, music and images etc. Ulead have created the movie into 2-clips, 1st one 3.99G and 2nd 1.07GB...now the main questions that i want to ask are born...
    1.. how can i reduce the size of clips (it may be under 1 GB) without disturbing the result...
    2.. How i can create dual audio of the same movie (first is original voice and 2nd should be music)
    i want to know complete process with step by step...
    may some kind person could guide me as well as other new comers who wished to do make dual audio movie....
    I shall be thankful....

Nadeem
    Last edited by nadeem7146; 01-02-2013 at 01:55 AM.

it is almost 24 hrs old post but no reply.....

I find mpeg pretty crappy to work with. Can you use any other formats? It's about experimenting. FormatFactory is a good converter.

This answer seems like a good example of someone who has not read the question.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.

The answer to question one is that you can't reduce a video file from 8Gb to 1Gb without having some sort of affect on the image quality in some way. If you intend putting the video onto a DVD you will have to reduce the resolution to 720 * 576 PAL or 720 * 480 NTSC. and render the final video in a mpeg2 format.

This will reduce the file size and is necessary to get the video onto a DVD. The bit rate of the video will also determine the file size but reducing this too much will also affect the image quality. You will have to experiment with these settings. As a rough guide aim for around bit rate 7.5Mbp/s

I'm not fully sure what you mean in your question 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm not fully sure what you mean in your question 2.
    Thanks for detailed help.....
    my 2nd question is about making of dual audio of that movie,

Quote Originally Posted by Spacial View Post
    I find mpeg pretty crappy to work with. Can you use any other formats? It's about experimenting. FormatFactory is a good converter.

This answer seems like a good example of someone who has not read the question.
    I seem to have upset you for some reason.
    than i converted the clips with any video converter in MPG format.
    Some reformatters and even some video editors allow some of the specs to be altered, reducing size.

I seem to have upset you for some reason.
    I'm not upset with you, I'm just trying to keep the forum clean. OP said in his first post that he was making a DVD, that means he has to have the mpeg2 format as all DVDs are in that format. I found your opening comment of "I find mpeg pretty crappy to work with." to be generalised and unhelpful.

I appreciate we are all at different levels of understanding of the technical side of videography and I also appreciate anyone who genuinely wants to help another human being. So it's great that you want to do that.

Well, I'm sorry, but the OP doesn't say what he intends to do with them and no mention of DVD. He just says he wants to edit the clips.

There is no reason a file destined for DVD needs to be any specific format, since the DVD process is a converter itself.

He is having problems with the format he has chosen, something which I have had as well and I suggested he formats to a different compression.

But you seem like a competitive sort of young man, so I'll leave it there.

Ha Ha, I haven't been called a young man for a while so thanks. You are right he didn't mention making a DVD I said "if you are making a DVD", It is usually better to do the mpeg2 conversion in the NLE because they tend to have more options than some DVD writing software and in the case of the software I use, Vegas Pro and DVDA, Vegas does a better job with the conversion.

I'm not trying to be competitive with you so I'll leave the OPs second question for you to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem7146 View Post
    my 2nd question is about making of dual audio of that movie
    Please. I don't understand.

Which of the following four options do you mean?
    1) Create two versions, one with one audio, the other in the other audio?
    2) Or create one version which includes both audios which play at the same time?
    3) Or create one version which the User can select (perhaps on a DVD) which version they want to hear?
    4) Create a soundtrack containing sword fights, or footsteps and guns firing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast