Thread: OLDIES 2 - more super 8mm old takes

Default OLDIES 2 - more super 8mm old takes

Just a small compilation that Iīll give to the family on the next meeting. Itīs supposed to be fun....

Did I spot Carlos Santana at around 0:30.

Exactly....and heīs back in time at 1:31....

My girls watch these scenes with me and ask who is who all the time..... They just donīt know that 90% of the faces there are no longer among us.... But itīs amazing how the films bring memories back. Wonder what our present movies will turn into in 50 years....

Blog Entries

I love these bits of old footage. you'r fortunate to have so much of people smiling.
    Sadly my camera met with howls of disapproval at this year's Christmas do. The usual accusations of viewing everything through a camera rather than joining in. The fact that, after we'd all enjoyed making the Merry Xmas 2010 video two years ago, I had not taken a camera to a family event, seemed totally lost on them. Maybe I'll put together a compilation of miserable faces!
    Tim

nice work Tony
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I love these bits of old footage. you'r fortunate to have so much of people smiling.
    Sadly my camera met with howls of disapproval at this year's Christmas do. The usual accusations of viewing everything through a camera rather than joining in. The fact that, after we'd all enjoyed making the Merry Xmas 2010 video two years ago, I had not taken a camera to a family event, seemed totally lost on them. Maybe I'll put together a compilation of miserable faces!
    families often seem to split down the middle..... the kids love it and play up to the camera to the point of being annoying and the adults hate it. my mrs is an absolute nightmare to get in front of a camera :-(
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Unfortunatelly I understand what youīre saying.... Not sure why people donīt get along too well with cameras, specially in parties. But here is my oppinion: just donīt pay attention to them!!! Perform your duties as host/member of the family AND have fun filming! Unless you try to be a director and tell everyone what to do and when to do (what can be really annoying!), who could complain? Use the camera as a way to play with people, talk rubish while filming, bring strangers together in front of the camera (works very well when you have two different families inside one house!!) etc As you can see from the movie posted, cameras filming at home were quite constant.... My father was a very sociable guy and he always used the camera to make people happy and have fun. Keep your camera ready every time!! Donīt let other people spoil the fun. Turn miserable faces into smiling faces with your camera!!!

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    nice work Tony
    Thanks ENC!

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    families often seem to split down the middle..... the kids love it and play up to the camera to the point of being annoying and the adults hate it. my mrs is an absolute nightmare to get in front of a camera :-(
    Once again, donīt ask if you can film! Just do it! Then, make a nice romantic edition with a nice song and show to her. NO, sorry, Iīll not post my results on that field!!!