Thread: What software to buy after imovie?

Red face What software to buy after imovie?

Hi, i have a problem figuring out what software i need to start making professional looking music videos/short films. Iv been using imovie for quit a while now but now i want to upgrade and start editing more professionally I just dont know exactly where to look, the most commercial software i can think of is final cut pro x but i want to know if there are betters one.

I still need to figure out what computer i may need for that, graphics card and all that. i have no idea what im actually looking for, but i just want everything upgraded to be professional. Im sorry i dont have the best words to describe what i want but this is as close as i can explain myself..

As of right now im using a (pentax-q) for my shoots. so sometimes i dont have the highest of resolution
    id like a software where i can tweak the video to make it look as professional as possible. i know of course that its better to get a good camera so editing is easier but im financial incapable.
    Last edited by Thyrdculturekyd; 12-28-2012 at 07:28 PM.

You dreams of making a professional looking movie by having the right software are in error. You need to be able to light a scene, have a good lens, be able to use the camera ie framing, exposure etc. AND record really good sound.

Unless you do the above the best software in the world won't make your movie look professional.

If you end up with a PC try. Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas Pro or Canopus Edius. Avid is just ridiculously expensive. If you end up with a Mac use Final cut Pro. These are the best video editing programs around outside of a Hollywood budget. You can download free trials to see which one you like the most.