Thread: Help needed

Default Help needed

Hi Everyone, im new to the forum, so hello to all members.. As my name suggest kanhatiger, i track Tigers in central India, living on the edge of the jungle, i split my time between India and England, at the moment i am in England.
    I have a panasonichd hdc sd9 which gives a really good image for me and i find it great to carry in the jungle, i also carry a nikon d700 with a 200-400mm nikkor lens, so you can see why i like this little cam corder.
    My problem is i have countless cards all full, i had a hd writer which seems to have given up the ghost, asking for the disc again, but i have mis-placed it somewhere in the house, is there any other software preferably free that i could download so i can get these video's onto a disc ? any help would be really appreciated.

You should be able to use windows Explorer to copy the files onto your computer/laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You should be able to use windows Explorer to copy the files onto your computer/laptop.
    Are you refering to Windows movie maker which ive found on my programmes

No I mean Windows Explorer, use it to copy the video files from the memory cards to a computer. If you then want to copy them onto a disk then you can do that.

You said you have a "hd writer which seems to have given up the ghost". What exactly is a hd writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    No I mean Windows Explorer, use it to copy the video files from the memory cards to a computer. If you then want to copy them onto a disk then you can do that.

You said you have a "hd writer which seems to have given up the ghost". What exactly is a hd writer?
    Hi Midnight thanks for your reply, H D Writer was the software disc i had with the hdc sd9 ive mis-placed the disc and because ive had a new hard drive fitted into lap top, it keeps asking for the disc, so i thought maybe there is some, maybe even better software out there i can use to get the cards empty onto disc's, i really struggle with techno stuff, so have to take 1 thing at a time and understand, im on windows internet explorer.

ive put my sdhc card into an intergal sdhc card reader, put it into the lap top, gone through to streaming and got tp files, ive gone to play one and i get the sound stuttering and the video going slowly ?

Windows internet explorer is what you use to view web pagers that is correct. Windows Explorer is used to look at the folders and files on your computer. I suggest you take a look at page 103 of the cameras manual to get a better understanding of what you have to take off the cards. The video files are called 000000.mts not 00000.ts files. So I think you copied the wrong items off the disk. Follow THIS LINK to see the camera manual.