Thread: Christmas Eve at our house in West Virginia

Default Christmas Eve at our house in West Virginia

A new first for me: Used an Apple iphone for a video camera and put something together in Vegas Pro. This is a taste of the sights and sounds around our house on Christmas Eve 2012.

Blimey Digger, do you normally have such a house full at Christmas time.

What a light show, your local electricity company must love you. I've also taken to the iPhone shooting bug. If you haven't seen it yet I can recommend the camera app FiLMiC Pro. It even has the option to shoot at 50mbps.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/film...436577167?mt=8

David.

i highly recommend an app called FilMiC Pro.

its a camera app that offers much more than the factory camera app.
    Filmoc pro enables you to lock exposure, focus and white balance, image stabelizeation, various frame rates including slo mo and super slow mo.... clapperboard and slate custom settings etc etc..

Dont know where the Pro part of the name comes from but its a tidy app for the price
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Seeing as everybody else is, can I just recommend an app called FilMiC Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    i highly recommend an app called FilMiC Pro.

its a camera app that offers much more than the factory camera app.
    Filmoc pro enables you to lock exposure, focus and white balance, image stabelizeation, various frame rates including slo mo and super slow mo.... clapperboard and slate custom settings etc etc..

Dont know where the Pro part of the name comes from but its a tidy app for the price
    I'll have to think about that. I used the iPhone because it was the only thing I had available (I'm in West Virginia on vacation and my camera equipment is in Kuwait). I also found that I needed to convert the phone video to .wmv files to do good editing in Vegas. Earlier,when I tried to directly edit files, my system hosed up and I lost a day's worth of work. I should have known better (Never mix Apple video files with Vegas editors without pre-conversion). In fact, I absolutely abhor having to have Quicktime on my system to deal with .mov content). (Rot, Steve Jobs!!!).

I checked out the app you mentioned, and it said I have to have iTunes installed. Forget it. I'll just keep things simple and use the iPhone camera only when I have no other choice. But thanks for the bit of app information. I'm sure someone will find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Blimey Digger, do you normally have such a house full at Christmas time.
    Yes, every year. Children, friends, street urchins, etc.

So now we know what caused that Global power faillure on Xmas evening!!!!! Nice party!! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    So now we know what caused that Global power faillure on Xmas evening!!!!! Nice party!! Thanks for sharing.
    Yes, it reminds me of the scene in "Christmas Vacation" where Sparky finally gets the outdoor Christmas lights to go on, and they immediately cut to a warning signal at the town's nuclear power station.