Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Rodriguez

1. Default DJ Rodriguez

This is very well shot and edited. It was a little close to being too much on the FX side of things for me but I think it just stayed on the right side of too much.

The only thing that I can see that you could do with some help with is knowing when enough is enough. By that I mean this video went on too long for the content. I always know when a video should have ended because I look at how long there is left to watch. I did that at around 2:30 in this video.

Other than that, I think you did a great job.

One other thing, it might be nice if you commented and helped a few others on the forum, now that you're an old timer.

3. Default

Thanks for the comment!!!Yes you are right again!About the FX i did to refresh the video otherwise it is a bit boring
    thanks for the old timer i will do that!

am liking the tune is one of DJ Rodriguez own ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

5. Default

now is remix is nit own

6. Default

ha ha ok you are right

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    I expected to hate the music - but oddly I didn't. It did, however, reinforce my opinion that DJs don't actually do a lot - it makes him appear very laid back and not actually working very hard. I know from DJ colleagues this very often is NOT the case, but people who don't know, might assume he is playing a cd, and turning a few knobs which don't seem to actually do anything. As the music and the editing are not 'live' as such, the visuals don't match the music? Two guys doing a bit of a sway to the music groove, lots of shots of knobs, some being turned, and buttons pushed. I'm very biased against DJs who feel they are musicians (perhaps wrongly - but that is my opinion) and this video seems to support my opinion - they just annoy the music, rather than making it? There are long spells where they are not actually doing anything except putting on and off headphones, and then an occasional half turn on a rotary, then they listen a bit, and turn something else. Pretty much what you'd get shooting a sound engineer at a live gig - periods of nothing followed by a few tweaks. They're not exactly putting on a show, making people amazed with their dexterity or musical cleverness. Laid back to the extreme. Actually a good video, just a poor subject!
    Paul, do you consider this guy a musician ?

Rheyne - 12/17/12 - Live Jam #69 - YouTube!
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

8. Default

very boring shot bad he is a good creator super

I feel like theres one thing missing, in my head, and theres every chance I'm wrong, a DJs role is to construct an awesome set for the audience in front of them, and I didn't see any audience. I would have liked to have seen people responding to his set, some focus pull from behind the desk into the crowd and some wide shots to include the DJ and the crowd.
    I'm in agreement with MB, i also checked the length at 2.34, so shorter would have been better.
    Camera work and editing though was cool though, nice to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    Indeed I do think he is undoubtedly a musician - and a music technologist. In fact, what he's doing is very complex and a rather tasteful blend of synthesised, sampled and blended sound. A non-musician could have pressed the buttons, but not the right ones at the right times! Damn clever stuff to do!
    Glad to hear it. Check out the guys youtube channel he has some amazing pieces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast