Thread: Damn Expensive Plug-ins

Default Damn Expensive Plug-ins

Why do good slow motion plug-ins have to be so much?

Twixtor, Foundry Furnace, etc... Why so much money? Probably because everyone pirates the software so in order to make any money they charge rediculously.

And you can't even pirate alot of plug-ins for apple software because none of the people with no time who crack the programs have macintosh computers!

I will bow down and say that is a major disadvantage I have when i run a Mac.
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

Gwenny, Just wait till you start at that film school. They'll have plenty of copies I expect

Why do you need a slo-mo plugin with the Mac, FCP has the best one built in for free. All the plugin does is duplicate alternate frames and adds a touch of frame-blend, you can do that yourself manually.
    The green top I\'m wearing in my Avatar is a disguise. I can sneak around on a Green Screen set without being seen by the editor during post

Ah but frame blend is a real crappy form of slo-mo. It makes the footage look very jerky. Hardly better than simply repeating frames in my opinion and experience. I suspect Gwenny is referring to the likes of Reelsmart Twixtor (or similar) that actually do the job intelligently and, more importantly, properly. Any real slo-mo needs a plugin like this if you want it to look any good.

Just my 2p.

Your 2p are correct Millsy.

Especially when shooting in 24fps or 60i frame blending is a peice of shit, and I used the demo of Twixtor and it worked wonders. The only two programs that do the job really well (or so this is what i hear) are Twixtor and Foundry Furnace.

Twixtor is for after effects, on either a mac or PC, cost a ton of money, and oh wait, I don't know how to use after effects.

Foundry Furnace has the plug-in "Kronos" which does the same thing, but you use it in Apple Shake. Apple shake is one of the hardest programs to master, along with alot of CG programs., so I just wont bother with that.

And the new version of shake is supposed to have a slow mo for 24fps that rivals these other two plugins, but shake 4 isnt out yet, and theres no way im paying 2000 dollars for good slow mo. and again i dont know how the hell to use shake.

........ oh well?

“Twixtor is for after effects, on either a mac or PC, cost a ton of money, and oh wait, I don't know how to use after effects.”

I believe Twixter 4.5 will also work in Premiere. I know it had some problems with interlaced frames, but someone told me they fixed it recently. It’s still expensive, but at least you don’t have to learn after effects!

-James

Its not directly compatable into Premiere, just as it is not directly compatible into Final Cut.

You have to use the plug-in in after effects, and then send it to the program.

At least thats what theyre telling me on the website.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I recently installed the trial for Premiere...

Damn, seriously? Must be compatible with editing programs then. Guess I read the site wrong. Well to the point, they're TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE. Does the trail have like a huge X through it or say TWIXTOR DEMO on it or something? And hows the slow motion look?